Another "Where to live " Book

tryan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody read this one?

[qoute]
They make the decision methodically. Warren is the author of "Retire in Style: 60 Outstanding Places Across the USA and Canada." He visited all 60 places mentioned in the book (and more cities that didn't make the cut), ranking 12 criteria on a scale of 1 to 5, including climate, cost of living, availability of health care and work and volunteer opportunities. His favorite place is Portland (51 on a scale of 12 to 60); Ithaca (score of 45) is in the running because the Blands originally are from Ontario, Canada, and if they moved to upstate New York they would live within 200 miles of family -- close enough for frequent visits, yet still in the United States.

What? Ithaca New York?

Here's the link to the whole article ... A few stories about people sitting out of the housing bubble.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/mortgages/blandfamily.asp

Enjoy!

I would find it hard to move from LA to Ithaca. Not withstanding the beautiful blue waters of Lake Cayuga. I went there in May when I was 17 on  a college look see tour. There were still snowbanks around. I do remember a wonderful sunset with the light reflecting off the lake onto the buildings and windows at Cornell.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom