Wireless Speaker Help

cube_rat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm very tempted to buy this wireless speaker set-up for my house. I want to connect it to my computer but I think I'm going to to need some sort of additional adapter between the transmitter base and my computer. I'm also concerned with interference with my home Wi-Fi set-up along with my cordless phone. Does anyone know how this works?

http://tinyurl.com/8zhjx (Edit by moderator to shrink URL)

The product description indicates that they use 900MHz. That won't interfere with WiFi. It may interfere with your phone, depending on the band and channel your phone uses.

If someone else near you also gets 900mhz speakers, headphones, telephone or WI FI, you could get to hear theirs on yours and vice versa. Most have channels you can select to get on a sideband to avoid this but there are a lot of these kinds of things that use this frequency.

My phones are all wireless but I put them on 5.6 ghz so they have greater range and less interference. I also have a set of wireless headphones in the bedroom for late night TV watching so I don't disturb the spousal unit and a couple of pairs or TV video/audio transmitters to beam my Dishnetwork to a couple of TVs that I don't connect to the dish box. (cost savings measure and no wires to run).

Give them a try and see for a couple of days. Keep the boxes in case you need to take them back. Try them out at different times of the day to see if you have any interference. Just realize that someone else can pick up your signal on these and you would not know it. 8)

Back
Top Bottom