almost there...

ladelfina

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi! I'm glad to be on board. I just started poking around the forum today.

We're living abroad and are almost at a workable FI level at 45 and 46 (me and DH). Part of it is due to parents who helped us financially, and, not least important, with their own example of living below their means.

Another part was selling out of the crazy housing market.

Another part was putting away as much money as possible.

It's great to see young people on the board who are ready to take a pass on the "consumer culture" and instead buy themselves an independent future!

We are in Italy, but that's more because DH is Italian than due to any sound retirement planning (Italy is not cheap as it once was). It's kind of a de facto retirement since DH is trying to get some IT consulting but it's tough if you are starting over; even if you get some project going here, the big trick is getting paid! :mad:

So I have to keep a close watch on things and basically pretend like we are retired. If he starts bringing home some bacon, that'll be 'gravy.' (How's that for a twisted metaphor?)

Better patent that idea: The bacon double-gravy cheese melt with chiabata bread sandwich.

You have great English language skills there--I mean, for a dolphin from Italy. (smile)

Sounds like you've got the whole ER thing scoped out. Good for you!

Ha ha!

Just noticed this.. Thanks for the compliment, I guess.

Good to know the Rhode Island public schools give one enough of an education in the English language to be able to pass as a native speaker..! :D

Back
Top Bottom