Sure would like to have . . .

Hey, it looks like someone finally released an ignore user mod for SMF, this forum's current software. I don't have much spare time these days, but maybe sometime this year or early next year I can look into testing it and adding it here. Most of these mods are offered by end users and need to be looked at carefully before adding to the site, but this one looks relatively harmless at first glance.

There is a built-in option to ignore PMs from a user, but I haven't heard of anyone wanting to or needing to use that so far.

While we're at it, it would also be nice to have an "ignore topic" option.

Have Funds said:
That would presume that we ever stay "on" topic...  ;)

When there's a new topic that has absolutely nothing to do with FIRE (in the genre of religion or politics or why the sky is blue), the discussion tends to go from bad to worse and uses up precious seconds of my life to filter through them.

If I have the option of zapping that topic when I first see it, I could focus more of my time on the subjects related to FIRE of which there appears to be an infinite amount.

I often do the "mark as read" button on topics, such as options trading, of which I have NO interest.

I'm guilty of adding fuel to the fire in some of these topics... 8)

But I have neither the time nor the inclination to argue much about politics or religion...

BigMoneyJim said:
On second thought, if I installed this mod registered user would ever read my posts again. :eek:

:D
I think this concern is probably more real for me than for you, BMJ. But that's okay. I'm quite capable of entertaining myself. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Who the heck started this thread anyhow?

I wouldnt ignore you SG...its always fun to see what someone types when intoxicated... ;)

() said:
I wouldnt ignore you SG...its always fun to see what someone types when intoxicated... ;)
I enjoy seeing it even more when I'm sober...

I wouldnt ignore you SG...its always fun to see what someone types when intoxicated...

Nords said:
I enjoy seeing it even more when I'm sober...

Oh . . . why don't both of you have a drink and shut up? :D

Back
Top Bottom