Senior Citizen Drug Dealers

Lady is from Prestonburg, KY :LOL: Gotta love those eastern KY folks, i.e. the "other" part of the state. They can't add 2 + 2 but when it comes to selling/manufacturing drugs they are all geniuses - quite the enterprising people.

Actually, most of them *can* add 2 + 2 and very few are 'geniuses' at selling/manufacturing drugs.

Per the article:
"However, Dan Smoot, a former state police drug detective who heads the task force, said the elderly people being charged are not necessarily struggling to put food on the table.

"Most of the elderly we arrest are merely continuing a family tradition," he said. "It has been part of their culture for a long time.""

Selling drugs is not that far away from selling moonshine. I used to live in the Appalachia area when moonshine was the drug of choice. There was no shortage of bootleggers willing to sell any kind of booze to us when we were in High School. The favorite place to go was a place called "Granny's" and it was located in a very very Appalachian area and was run by an old couple (in their 80's).

Selling is selling to these folks and be it Rx drugs or white lightning is of no consequence to them....it is just easier to get Rx drugs than to make your own moonshine now days. ;)

Take a joke man, you registered just because you took offense to my humor?  Come on.  I lived in KY for 15+ years.  I poke fun at my home state all the time.  If they weren't smart when it comes to drugs we wouldn't see so many meth labs, pot farms and illegal prescription sales in the outlying areas.  

wildcat said:
Take a joke man, you registered just because you took offense to my humor?  Come on.  I lived in KY for 15+ years.  I poke fun at my home state all the time.  If they weren't smart when it comes to drugs we wouldn't see so many meth labs, pot farms and illegal prescription sales in the outlying areas.  

wildcat,

I just re-read my post and it *was* pretty snotty.
   I know you're from Kentucky and I figured you were joking. My DW and parents are all from the 'hills' in eastern Kentucky and I've heard so many 'hill-billy' stories and 'redneck' slurs from people who *weren't* joking, I tend to get in a snit when I hear it.
   Sorry. No offense intended.

Sasquatch

And actually, I've been registered for a couple of months.
I just chose to make an unfortunate first post...

No blood no foul. As much as I poke fun at my home state I still haven't been too many places with friendlier people and I am grateful for that. Cool avatar too.

wildcat said:
No blood no foul.  As much as I poke fun at my home state I still haven't been too many places with friendlier people and I am grateful for that.  Cool avatar too.

I agree.
And thanks...

His avatar looks like one of my co-workers!

That's funny. I don't recall being one of your co-workers but thanks for noticing me.

Any of you Kentuckians been to Buckhorn?

I am mostly familiar with the towns off I-75, I-64 or BG Parkway so if it's really off the beaten path I'm out. What county?

wildcat said:
That's funny. I don't recall being one of your co-workers but thanks for noticing me.

(lol) wildcat- I meant the Bigfoot avatar.

I know there is a striking resemblance between me and the bigfoot - you need to get out that cube more often errr bad joke

Have Funds said:
Any of you Kentuckians been to Buckhorn?

When I was a child, it was a favorite family vacation spot.
Haven't been back in many years, though...

Back
Top Bottom