Been busy starting the new business to help with ER....its going well

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Yep, I started the duct cleaning business for anyone who cares. I'm doignwell, and have recouped about 20% of my $10k investment...it's been about 2 weeks! I'm proofing an ad now that will go into a direct mail piece and hit 150k homes. all my business now is from internet ads, and referrals from HVASC contractors and home inspectors.

Just figured I'd brag a bit! wish me luck.

Here's my 2 ads im working on....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/givedbsitsmoney/album?.dir=/445c

Good luck Fed! Nothin like the rush of jumpin off the cliff. I like the chutzpa on the 20 years experience (from the ad). Sounds like something I would say as I was reading the "how to" manual. :D

Good luck.  You may want to hit the up debt consolidators (so they can run ads with you).  They are going to be a booming business soon.   

Glad to hear you're doing well. I was wondering how the business was starting up.

BTW...I like the color ad....the bw is harder to read.

This is great, but I am curious, how do you clean the duct work of a home? I am totally serious here and am probably aging myself by doing so. Can you put high pressure through the ducts to clean them out? I would really like to know. Thanks.

I checked out your website. Nice. A little alarmist at points, but that's probably par for the course in the duct cleaning business. Good basic website design, gets the job done. One thing I didn't see - coupons or discounts on the website.

justin :whaddaya mean "alarmist'? I'm either too heavy on the sauce today (capn morgan) or it jsut went over my head

doah: Read the website! www.ayden.biz . It explains ti all. I hook up a 5000 cfm vacuum with a 12" hose to the supply side near the furnace. then i cover all the registers but the one im working oin. int hat register, i insert a series of brushes and air tools to dislodge the debris. once it's airborne, it goes right to the vacuum. Once all registers and the main line are done, i do the supply side.

I've been averaging $380 gross per job, and 3.5 hrs each...and so far, all customers are satisfies. I incur about $50 labor costs, $5 materials,and MAYBE $30 referral fees if a contractor gave me the lead. That leaves me at LEAST @250 per job...so thats what....$70/hr? Not too bad i dont think.

once i can line up 2/day, 5 days a week...I'll be set!

THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT!

PS TARGADAVE
: The "chutzpah" or whatevr you call it is the truth. I have hired a helper with 20 yrs experience in HVAC and duct cleanigng!

fed,

As one with allergies to almost everything, the HVAC duct cleaning was a godsend when we moved into our new house. We found the company that did ours through Val-Pac. And the "stuff" that came out was totally naaaassssttttttteeeeeeeee.

- Alec

Back
Top Bottom