Abby Johnson leaves Fidelity's board but...

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
I've copied this link from FundAlarm's "Ted".  (For those of you who don't read FundAlarm, Ted has bookmarked over 350 financial publications that he runs through daily, and he probably puts up over 25 posts a day to create one of the world's best financial digests.)  I get a lot of my best reading done with Ted.

Abby Johnson has basically left Fidelity's mutual-fund management division and is now running their "employer services".  (Fidelity makes most of their money from running 401(k)s).  Her successor has made sweeping changes and she's given up a lot of her equity as part of the move, so there's been some debate that she's not getting along with dear ol' 75-year-old super-controlling dad.

Or maybe she is.  By resigning from Fidelity's board without a replacement, 77 percent of the trustees' members will be independent-- up from 71 percent and above the 75 percent threshold called for by new SEC rules.

In a stunning coincidence, 77% of the Nords family's net worth is with Fidelity this year, up from 71%.  I guess that means that they're aligned with our best interests?

Back
Top Bottom