Before & after pics of MS Coast

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
You may be tired of Katrina pics and news but these 2 pictures do a good job of showing you the before and after on the MS coast. Still hard to believe the extent of the destruction. I'm going down in a few weeks to do some volunteer work so I will see for myself.

Attachments

• image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 274
  • image014.jpg
    image014.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 248
Wow, the houses look like matchsticks :-[ Kudos to you for your volunteering efforts with Katrina.

DOG51 said:
Still hard to believe the extent of the destruction. I'm going down in a few weeks to do some volunteer work so I will see for myself.

i was in south miami/homestead the day after andrew, reporting on damage done and reconstruction needs. after just a few hours of surveying sites & interviewing locals, i literally got sick to my stomach and had to sit for a while. i remember being dizzy and thought i was going to throw up. i'd never before seen destruction like that. lives torn apart like that. good for you on your volunteer work with katrina victims.

My son commented that there is no such thing as an old marina in FL or on the Gulf Coast.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i was in south miami/homestead the day after andrew, reporting on damage done and reconstruction needs. after just a few hours of surveying sites & interviewing locals, i literally got sick to my stomach and had to sit for a while. i remember being dizzy and thought i was going to throw up. i'd never before seen destruction like that. lives torn apart like that. good for you on your volunteer work with katrina victims.

I remember when I first saw the footage on the homestead destruction. It was unreal. And with all the predictions for nasty storms over the next few years, we may have just seen the beginning of whats to come.  :-\

DOG51 said:
with all the predictions for nasty storms over the next few years, we may have just seen the beginning of whats to come.  :-\

considering just last season wilma put us into the stone age for almost 3 weeks, i was sort of hoping, statistically, that was our direct hit for the next 20 years. or at least the next 6 or 7. just in case, by then, i'll be in a stout 50-footer and numerous latitudes away.

Back
Top Bottom