And The Oscar For Best Picture Goes to....

1st Pick What Will Win - Then Pick What You Want To Win

• Brokeback Mountain

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Crash

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Capote

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Munich

• Goodluck

• My Choice - Brokeback Mountain

• My Choice - Crash

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • My Choice - Capote

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • My Choice - Munich

• My Choice - Goodluck

• Total voters

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Pick The Film To Win Best Picture

Then Pick The Film You Want To Win.

I don't think any of them should win... they should just cancel the whole thing and get refunds for their dresses.....

Cinderella Man was the Best Picture last year.

Oscar Smoshcar! :mad:

Just got back from watching "Dick and Jane" with Jim Carey. While we were there, they were also showing "Brokeback Mountain". However, the title in Spanish translates to "Secrets of the Mountain." I like that title better but still won't spend $3 to go see it.

What does "Best Picture" really mean? Best made, best directed/acted, best story/dialog, most intense effect on the viewer, most memorable weeks/months later, most unique, most effective music/art direction/costuming, pushes an envelope in filmmaking?

I've never seen inner turmoil so well depicted in a movie as in Brokeback Mtn. The grandeur of the scenery juxtaposed with the personal problems of the characters and wider problems of society worked really well for me, enhanced by the spare and mysterious original music.

I saw Crash last night at home. Man, was it depressing and unnerving, but fantastic acting and editing. Both scenes with Thandie Newton and Matt Dillon left me shaking. Why wasn't Thandie Newton nominated for Supporting Actress? Terence Howard--amzing, Sandra Bullock--didn't knwo she had it in her so kudos to the director. also the 2 young guys playing the car theives--mesmerizing. I got sucked into almost every character--what a rare thing.

I watch the Oscars every year, hoping to see useful clips from the films I haven't seen--I often see a movie later based on these clips (not based at all on whether the film won anything). I can barely tolerate the speeches, presenter and emcee patter, the "required elements," the fashion crap--I often mute that stuff.

They should cancel the ceremony and remove their dresses...

not a good idea because this might prove my theory that julia roberts is actually a man.

Once again "Debbie Does Dallas" was not nominated!!! This warm, sensative film deserves national recognition eventually and I will not rest until it does!!! :-*

I shall again protest the TV presentation of the Oscars tonight and I hope that my indignation will inspire others to do the same...

Thanks you for your attention.

Back
Top Bottom