Vanguard Health Care distibution

LOL!

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I noticed today that Vanguard Health Care will have a distribution in about a week.

Normally, that would be no big deal for me, but I also noticed that the Investor and Admiral share classes of the fund will have different distributions. The Admiral class will have less than half the taxable distribution that the Investor class will have.

I prefer not to pay taxes if I can avoid it, so I will try to switch my share class this week if I can.

There are lots of vanguard folks here ... so have you noticed that the Admiral share class is more tax-efficient than the Investor share class? I know that fund expenses are lower for Admiral share class, so that's an advantage there, but what about tax efficiency?

Did anybody else notice this big difference in distributions? Are there any disadvantages with going with Admiral share class? Thanks!

The price per share of the admiral class is less than half that of the investor class. Hence the lower distribution amount, but since you'll own twice as many shares, it'll be six of one, half dozen of the other. They should end up being close, although the admiral will be slightly higher due to the lower ER.

Well, duh! I thought I looked up the share price, but must've clicked on the same class twice. Thanks for feedback.

Back
Top Bottom