nm.

Re: My hot tip for the Spring - Cheap Rock Concert..............

Cut-Throat said:
After I got my basement finished, quite a few people told me to buy the Eagles DVD 'Farewell Tour I'  - After quite a few recomendations, I bought it.
It was fantastic! I can't say I was an Eagles Fan, but this DVD was so well done, with exceptional audio, that it was like attending a great concert!
My wife and I sat there for over 2 hours and enjoyed every minute of it! - Helps to have a great audio system with the DVD!
Very great cheap entertainment for about $18! 8)
Sounds like we're about to start another chapter in our kid's classic rock education. I sure hope we can dance to the DVD while she's trying to watch Joe Walsh's guitar technique...

I prefer Hell Freezes Over...

Nords -Loved Joe Walsh back in the James Gang days, but the best Eagles guitar playing came from Don Felder...

Have a few old Austin City Limits shows on vhs, including Chet Atkins, Eric Johnson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Junior Brown. Not hi-fi or hi-def... But the camera crews would often focus on the guitar players fretwork; great for us wannabe players...

Very great cheap entertainment for about $18!

Plus the cost of the speakers, don't forget. ;)

I have Farewell Tour, but liked 'To Hell Frezes Over' better. I've pretty much stopped buying CDs and made the transition to music DVDs. Clapton Unplugged is a clasic on DVD for sure. Like you said, you get the whole concert experience. Plus, if you play guitar, you can sort of steal licks by seeing how the artists play a song.

superdave said:
I have Farewell Tour, but liked 'To Hell Frezes Over' better. I've pretty much stopped buying CDs and made the transition to music DVDs. Clapton Unplugged is a clasic on DVD for sure. Like you said, you get the whole concert experience. Plus, if you play guitar, you can sort of steal licks by seeing how the artists play a song.

I have Hell Freezes Over too and it is one of my favorites. I also like the Doobie Brothers and have several of their cd's. I saw them in concert my final year in college and boy were they good. Think I'm gonna crank up the stereo and have a glass of wine. :)

Back
Top Bottom