Votes: 2 4.3%
  • naughty mamacita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neutered male

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

BigMoneyJim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
From another thread, someone wondered "what the hell 'nm' means". Let's determine the consensus. Since we have a two-party system you can vote for two options.

(I've always heard it means "no message"; as in you put it in the subject if you said everything you had to say in the subject line and needed no message body.)

I've always thought nm was "never mind."

For the "no message", I've always seen n/t for no text.

i'm voting for fiber & starch and i'm so glad i didn't see any animal product options

Cute 'n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Please add:
Moderator fulfillment at your service.

Satisfy my curiosity-- up in the poll section, across from the lowest of the options, do you see the blue text link "Edit Poll"? Or is that just one more example of the moderator's awesome powers & responsibilities?

From another thread, someone wondered "what the hell 'nm' means". Let's determine the consensus. Since we have a two-party system you can vote for two options.

I dont think there is a concensus. Usually, you'll have the advantage of context to help you determine what it means. I use it to mean nevermind in internet shorthand a lot, but I've also used it to abbreviate nautical miles.

Holy cow, my poll options grew. And I thought 6 was too many. Did Nords (and moderatros) do all that or do we have the permissions set where anybody can change anybody's polls?

BigMoneyJim said:
Holy cow, my poll options grew. And I thought 6 was too many. Did Nords (and moderatros) do all that or do we have the permissions set where anybody can change anybody's polls?
Well, I added a few for TH, and then showed him how to do it, and then everyone piled in... sorry. I think.

Nords said:
Well, I added a few for TH, and then showed him how to do it, and then everyone piled in... sorry. I think.

Not a problem at all for this poll. But it's probably something I should look into for others' polls...

peggy said:
I've always thought nm was "never mind."

For the "no message", I've always seen n/t for no text.

Hmm, I think you're right. Well, there's another thing I was wrong about.

I gotta ask some of the "older" folks here (I'm 35): Do you ever get anything right, or is everything in our life we ever think going to turn out wrong someday? ;)

Oh, and I mean "our" and "we" in general terms, not in reference to any political party or special interest, so don't answer the question based on thinking everything I think is wrong. :D

BigMoneyJim said:
Not a problem at all for this poll. But it's probably something I should look into for others' polls...
The biggest issue with this board's polls (and all polls) is that they lack a "Tell the truth" button.

BigMoneyJim said:
I gotta ask some of the "older" folks here (I'm 35): Do you ever get anything right, or is everything in our life we ever think going to turn out wrong someday? ;)
You've watched a pendulum swing, right?

We're raising a teenager. We expect to be wrong about everything for at least the next seven years, after which we'll be retroactive geniuses.

Nords said:
The biggest issue with this board's polls (and all polls) is that they lack a "Tell the truth" button.
Thats why I stopped doing posts. I was able to detect at least a 25% BS factor. On an anonymous public forum. Can you imagine how good real life polls are? ::)

We're raising a teenager. We expect to be wrong about everything for at least the next seven years, after which we'll be retroactive geniuses.
Thats what I tell my wife everytime she's cooing at Gabe and saying "Isnt he the cutest?"..."Yep, and only 11 short years before we become stupid assholes for 8-10 years..."

BMJ...I've said a few times that I often look back about ten years past and realize how little I knew and what an idiot I used to be. After re-reading a few of my earlier posts here, I see that i've advanced from every ten years to every three... :p

POLLS I meant ::)

One day, I've got a guy using words I never put in my posts, the next day I have to take crap for what I said and didnt mean.

:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom