Racist Accusation?

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
boont said:
Try your racist material, it might work better.

b.

This poster has not only sent me private emails but now decides to accuse me of racism on the board.

Where is proof that I've been racist here?

OAP, you've made your point and asked your question multiple times. Now it's time to wait and see what boont has to say about his post.

Patience, patience.... ;)

OldAgePensioner said:
This poster has not only sent me private emails but now decides to accuse me of racism on the board.

Where is proof that I've been racist here?

OAP, give yourself a little credit, if you did make such remakes, you would have got as many responses criticizing you as you got on your sibling financial issues. Too many liberals (me included) here to have let you get away with this.

Perhaps you are a closet racist, and only boont is able see through you. :eek: :D ;)

Hmmm

My favorite racist tome is the Millionaire Next Door - the parts where he attempts to identify cultural background as an influence on successful saving/investment - and running your own business on the path to FI, not specifically ER.

heh heh heh heh heh heh

OAP - You've been through so much with your health in the last couple of months, more than any of us could ever imagine. Please don't let some idiot troll whining (SEE ATTACHED PIC) about better posts bother you. I'm willing to bet boont is a cast off from the Motely Fool site where flaming is revered and held in high esteem. Sorry boont (whatever the hell your name is) we don't have recs here! :)

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 192
  • baby.jpg_thumb
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
I think boon is the racist and trying to start trouble to cover himself.

cube_rat:

You spoke of whining but inserted a pic of wailing.  Having been blessed with a bevy of new grandchildren the past few years, I know the difference!

Whining is more the sound you hear when a 55 year old who spent her/his life living beyond her/his means runs Firecalc and sees that they haven't saved enough to RE!

Agree with you ref boont.

youbet said:
cube_rat:

You spoke of whining but inserted a pic of wailing. Having been blessed with a bevy of new grandchildren the past few years, I know the difference!

Whining is more the sound you hear when a 55 year old who spent her/his life living beyond her/his means runs Firecalc and sees that they haven't saved enough to RE!

Stop whining about the whining. Or are you wailing? ;)

How's this one? Is it a little more closer to whining than wailing? Yeah, it's been a loooong time since I had rug rats in the house. :LOL:

Attachments

• crying_baby.jpg
    crying_baby.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 157
  • crying_baby.jpg_thumb
    24 KB · Views: 0
That picture makes so much more sense right on top of "Junior God Warrior"

Calling a caucasian person a racist has crept into the defensive mechenism's of a number of minority groups unfortunately.  It seems to be commonly understood that if one wants to strike at a white American's gut all you have to do is imply raceism. It is not even necessary to use the "R" word for it to be effective.

This philosophy first began to raise it's ugly head when Congress was forming the Affirmative Action laws (in the 70's?). Laying on the guilt, related to slavery, was found to be a way for any non-white to shame a white person into submission.

It now seems to be an every-day occurance in our society that is an effective way to shut up white folks and end an arguement.  

mickeyd

It's sorta like beer taste - begining to er ah fractionate. One of my old stock buddies from the plant - aka da Major - says affirmative action really helped his military career but now he votes Republican.

See it in the media often enough though.

heh heh heh heh - the ding dong likes Bush. Not a bad fella otherwise.

Jesse Jackson has made a career yelling "racist."  If he shows up at any corporation's door, he leaves with money (a bribe); just to make him shut up.  If not, his team will yell racist until you yell "Uncle."  Affirmative action at its finest! :D

One thing I've noticed is that usually the first people to cry racist are the ones that get their feelings hurt every time they don't get their own way. Regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

There's this woman at work who's around 44, but acts like she's about 14. One day she was carrying on about the movie "Blazing Saddles", whom someone recommended to her. She bought it, watched about 10 minutes of it, and got so offended she threw it away! And then one day at work proceeded to gripe about it for a good hour or more.

Well, if she had just kept her mouth shut, that movie never would have entered my mind. But mouthing off, she actually aroused my curiosity, so I rented it one night. Watched it with one of my best friends, who's black, and he laughed his ass off more than I did! Hell, if you pay half a wit's worth of attention to the movie, anybody can figure out that the black guy is the HERO of the movie!

I remember mentioning the movie to one of my friends, who's older than me, and he told me about how he and some of his buddies went to see it in the theaters when it first came out. Their group consisted of both black and white people, but overall the crowd in the theater was mostly black. Once the N-words started flying on the silver screen, the white people became really self conscious, but the blacks thought it was hysterical!

I guess some people can understand that just because a character in a movie is racist, that doesn't mean that the movie itself is racist! Or the people associated with it. To this day, I don't think my co-worker would be able to handle the confusion if I told her the creator of "All in the Family" is Jewish!

Anyway, some people just go looking for racism. It's like a fetish for them or something, almost as if they revel in pointing the finger and screaming bigot. And these people just go looking so hard for it that, in their minds they find it. Whether it's really there or not.

The company I worked for had all these contrived things associated with race. It was really hilarious. Some of them were so ludicrous it really made the company management look like closet racists trying to over achieve.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I can't tell you how proud the management of Harpoon Industries is to present the award for this year's winner of Gay Head Indian Harpooner of the Year 2005 to Tashtego. Mr. Stubbs will present him with his gift of Free Membership For Life at Madame Ahab's Tatoo Parlor."

You just got to know that a large number of races are embarrassed by the phoniness of it all.

Can a non-white person start a poll here on race, please? I'm curious to know the racial composition of our group, but if I started a poll on it myself, I'd be a racist. ::) Do we have a racially diverse community on a forum dealing with massive accumulation of wealth and acheiving financial independence?

I remember reading an article in the Phi Beta Kappa Journal (go ahead and make fun of me...) a few years ago regarding race and income/wealth in the U.S. To summarize briefly, the white/black income gap has pretty much closed now (given same levels of employment, education, experience, etc). The big racial disparity that exists today is in the accumulation of wealth. Whites with a given income level were much more wealthy (had a higher net worth) than blacks with the same income level. Part of the disparity was explained by intergenerational money transfers which were much more common among white folks. It was unknown to what extent, if any, differences in racial or cultural attitudes towards money affected the generation and accumulation of wealth.

(this is not racist bigotism)

The central problem - is the preaching to the choir effect - back at the ole' water cooler - the best investor by far was a black woman engineer who threatened to do bad things to her hubby if he even thought of messing with 'the family portfolio' - aerospace co so the group was preselected.

A poll on this forum?? Prewinnowed also??

justin said:
Can a non-white person start a poll here on race, please? 

I'm half Mexican and pretty much answer my ethnicity as hispanic when asked. Does being half count? I don't mind starting a poll.

Yep, the half thing is a tough one. My wifes half mexican and half scandinavian, and i'm half of about four things each... ;)

Our kid's blog profile says that she's haole on the outside and Hawaiian on the inside...

She's half-WASP and half-Russian, so I have no idea where she gets that from.

Back
Top Bottom