What We Pay Per Gallon

What gets me are people who grumble about paying for gasoline and are seen leaving the gas station Mart with a bottle of water that cost them maybe the equivalent of $4-6 per gallon and in some cases a pack of cigs. Go figure.

A-Red,

I was going to say something witty, caustic and negative about smokers, but I am too tired. I can't even manage nasty tonight. Must be sick.

Ed

Does. "I want my cake and eat it too" ring a bell. ;)

This has been handy - I'll be able to save a hecka lot by switching from Acqua di Gio men's cologne to Coppertone oil-free, waterproof sunblock lotion, SPF 15...

Where did they get $1.77 for a gallon of milk?! Is that if you squeeze it out of the cow yourself? :eek: Around here, milk is usually $3-3.50 per gallon, although I traditionally buy good old fashioned Whole vitamin-D milk. I know the watered-down stuff is a bit cheaper....

Andre1969 said:
Where did they get $1.77 for a gallon of milk?!  Is that if you squeeze it out of the cow yourself?  :eek:  Around here, milk is usually $3-3.50 per gallon, although I traditionally buy good old fashioned Whole vitamin-D milk.  I know the watered-down stuff is a bit cheaper....

At the local grocery store:

Whole Vit. D milk this week is $1.66 per gallon. They are selling it as 3 1-gallon jugs for $5

Mid-grade gasoline is $2.90-3.00 per gallon.

SteveR said:
At the local grocery store:
Whole Vit. D milk this week is $1.66 per gallon.  They are selling it as 3 1-gallon jugs for $5
Mid-grade gasoline is $2.90-3.00 per gallon.
"Cheap" Costco milk & gas: $3.23 & $3.159...

What, you guys don't get food stamps for free milk? Seriously, who pays for milk these days? And I thought ya'll were a frugal bunch! ;)

Milk in Cleveland is $2.68 a gallon for Skim! Say it ain't so LeBron! ;)

I guess we get cheap milk living in the midst of the happy cows that produce it. Three bucks for two gallons of skim and around 3.50-4.00 bucks for the full fat stuff.

I see that GM is now offering a deal where if you buy one of their huge gas guzzlers and subscribe to "onstar", they'll cap your fuel costs at $1.99 a gallon for the next year.

Which I imagine means that they've done a thorough analysis and expect gas to return to something nearer $2 and stay there a while, or they'll only do deals on the big trucks that ensures enough profit margin to cover the extra gas.

I don't think the haagen Dazs price per gallon is correct. At $3.50 a pint that's $28.00 a gallon. That's more than a ten-spot.

Mike D.

With all the suspect numbers in that there article I'm starting to not trust the media...

Forget the exact numbers, since I haven't worn contact leses for several years, but the eyedrop solution must've been a few hundred bucks a gallon...

Back
Top Bottom