Blood pressure

cube_rat said:
pinging Dr. R-inT...

I've been pung.

We remove pancreases for the occasional early pancreatic cancer (these are almost all caught by accident during a test for something unrelated). It's called a Whipple procedure. And sometimes chronic, recurrent pancreatitis from alcohol or other causes effectively does the same thing.

You can live without it. You need to take insulin shots and pancreatic enzymes before meals. There are some problems, but the hope is that it beats the alternative.

Rich_in_Tampa said:
I've been pung.

We remove pancreases for the occasional early pancreatic cancer (these are almost all caught by accident during a test for something unrelated). It's called a Whipple procedure. And sometimes chronic, recurrent pancreatitis from alcohol or other causes effectively does the same thing.

You can live without it. You need to take insulin shots and pancreatic enzymes before meals. There are some problems, but the hope is that it beats the alternative.

Wow, I had no idea! Thanks, R-in-T

I think they did a whipple on greys anatomy.

As mentioned the pancreas does double duty . As a type one diabetic or insulin dependent your not secreting insulin and you must take insulin shots to live. They are working on technics to replace the cells in the pancreas that make the insulin without having to replace the pancreas. Its still experimental.
Its exciting stuff for diabetics :D
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/08/020828063019.htm

Cool!

But don't tell the wing-nuts of either exteme. The right wing-nuts won't like the reminder of how closely we are related to other animals and will be distrustful of scientists unsupervised by fellow wing-nuts. The left wing-nuts won't want to exploit animals in any way--and also don't trust scientists who don't share their outlook.

astromeria said:
But don't tell the wing-nuts of either exteme.

Astro, it's too late. They already know and they're quietly gathering in small numbers in hardware stores all over the nation, plotting to attack!! Be prepared to bolt, or you're screwed!!!!

img_426386_0_ee6c0b8d8d8b862b6b42646d22c6f44e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom