How many children

How many children do you have or plan to have?

Votes: 51 36.7%

Votes: 16 11.5%

Votes: 52 37.4%

Votes: 11 7.9%

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 5-6

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • 7+

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

bongo2

Recycles dryer sheets
This may have been done before, but I can't find it. I get the sense that posters here have fewer children than the average person -- just wanted to check the data.

If you want, you can put the number of children you plan to have.

The funny groupings (5-6, 7+) follow the census.

None for me, thanks.

Three (3), 40, 35, and 22.................... all college grads and model citizens. Not a single
troublemaker in the bunch. :)

JG

I answered 1, but she belongs to DGF and just turned 18, so I'm not sure she really counts.

Hmmm, I'll likely be helping with the college expenses, so yeah, she counts. :)

Two boys. One is 17 and the other 32. One is my son w/ex and the other is a step son. Two boys to me.

DGF = girl friend?

Really, 4 people (15% at this time) with 5+ kids? I know there are people out there with lots of kids (I happen to be one), but I just don't hear from them around here much. I want to make sure that these aren't mistakes / jokes.

bongo2 said:
DGF = girl friend?

Yes. I supposed I could refer to her as DW, and her daughter as DD, but her daugheter would be horrified if I ever referred to her as "my" daughter.

I too am rather surpised at the number respondents with 4+ children.

We are "childfree". Funny, but people who would never dream of asking someone about their weight or their bank account think nothing of asking us when we'll settle down and have some 'yungins'. I just smile and tell them all about how I slept in until 11am on Saturday..... and Sunday.... :)

Baby_Not_on_Board-1.jpg

thanks Cheryl and Kahn for my laugh of the day.

2 grown self supporting kids.

I like the early suggestion that I can say childless - or at least will when DD turns 21 next year and, hopefully, graduates. I have two - a 32 yo son and a 20 yo daughter. An empty nest is more roomy and comfortable than a full nest, especially while DD was a teen.

It is great to have them living nearby like DS does so they can come by and visit a lot. I just don't need the mess and frustration of having them underfoot 24X7 (or 16x7, with an absence during the 8:00PM-4:00AM slot).

mja said:
Yes. I supposed I could refer to her as DW, and her daughter as DD, but her daugheter would be horrified if I ever referred to her as "my" daughter.

DGF'sD?

None of my own, married to a man with 3 grown children.

mja said:

I too am rather surpised at the number respondents with 4+ children.

To tell you the truth, I'm more surprise at the number that said 0.

My Dream said:
To tell you the truth, I'm more surprise at the number that said 0.

Me too. We have speculated before that being childfree helps to contribute to being FI. I know my partners are both far from retirement and they "blame" kids and college educations for that.

I wonder how many in the poll are "None and never will," and how many are "not yet, but might."

At 46 with a 50 y.o. SO I'm in the former catagory. SO does have a son, but the son was grown before we met so I don't consider him "mine."

I'll tell you......those "ankle biters" are horribly costly, but my kids are more
important to me than anything. Made a lot of mistakes in my life, but having my
kids was 100% right. Not having children would have been a tragedy
in my case.

JG

I find when it comes to having or not having kids, it's a VERY senstive subject. When I married around 22 years ago, I wanted to succed so much that I felt kids would get in my way, I didn't have time for them, it was to much work, I wanted to spend my spare time with my wife, enjoying life and finding security. Plain and simple, I personally was selfish. When my first born came into this world, it wasn't shall we say planed, I was jealous and not a happy camper. Today, with 2 kids, my life wouldn't be complete without them.

Quick Disclaimer - What you’re reading is all personal opinion, if you are offended in any way, shape, of form; that was not my intent. Hey,you can always put me on your ignore list. Enough said.

Sheryl said:
Me too. We have speculated before that being childfree helps to contribute to being FI. I know my partners are both far from retirement and they "blame" kids and college educations for that.

Excuses, excuses...

Back
Top Bottom