Met Vladimir Stepania tonight in the Gym

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I met former NBA center Vldimir Stepania tonight at the gym. I had just finished my sets on the plate loaded leg press machine, and started to load a deadlift bar. He asked me if I was done with the leg press; I said yes and then he asked me if I could take off some plates for him, as he was trying to rehab from knee injuries and couldn’t handle much weight. Then he watched me do my deadlifts, complimented me on my form and my strength, and gave me a few tips like always wear a belt and always look way up on the wall when doing any lift from the floor or from a squat. Then he introduced himself and said "I am a professional". I knew he couldn't be a professional weight lifter, and he looked like every Russian 7 foot center I had ever seen, so I guessed basketball. He said he had played for the Heat, the Sonics, the Nets and the Trailblazers, that he was called Tank because he was big and strong and banged around pretty good under the basket. He also said he never made it big, and had torn up his knees pretty badly over time. His legs were both heavily scarred.

Super nice guy! Things like this are one of the reasons I like gyms better than home workouts.

Also met a 20-something cutie in the stretching room who gave me some very helpful stretching tips, as I had a tight spot in one quad from running sprints on the track.

I can walk down there from my wife’s apartment, so even getting there and back is pleasant.

Ha

I have no idea who he is because I am not a basketball fan, but interesting none the less. The Minnesota Timberwovles work out and play basketball at my club in the off season. - Fairly initimidating in the shower :eek:

I have been going to our club for 20 years and one of the more interesting people I've met was Gretchen Carlson, then Miss Minnesota worked out every evening one summer at our club before the Miss America Pageant. We watched the Pageant that fall and to our delight She won! We now see her on TV on various programs.

Gretchencarlson.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretchen_Carlson

Cut-Throat said:
The Minnesota Timberwovles work out and play basketball at my club in the off season. - Fairly initimidating in the shower :eek:

I have been going to our club for 20 years and one of the more interesting people I've met was Gretchen Carlson...

Gretchencarlson.jpg
Just a guess, but I suspect she would also be "Fairly initimidating in the shower".
img_450310_1_5c6d2709eaac550ba4b2d3c75234abbb.gif

REWahoo! said:
Just a guess, but I suspect she would also be "Fairly initimidating in the shower".
As usual, additional research appears necessary.

What DO we do all day?

Cut-Throat said:
I have no idea who he is because I am not a basketball fan, but interesting none the less. The Minnesota Timberwovles work out and play basketball at my club in the off season. - Fairly initimidating in the shower :eek:

I have been going to our club for 20 years and one of the more interesting people I've met was Gretchen Carlson, then Miss Minnesota worked out every evening one summer at our club before the Miss America Pageant. We watched the Pageant that fall and to our delight She won! We now see her on TV on various programs.

Gretchencarlson.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretchen_Carlson

thats my step sons favorite team. hes a timber groupie. if you get any autographs he'd love it.

Back
Top Bottom