Who carries a pocket knife regularly?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I try, but too often forget. Then when I need it most.... nothing.

My favorite knife is one I bought when I was young(er) and dumb(er)///I got it at a swap meet while my dad was pre-occupied. It' has a black automatic opening 4" blade. I bought it because it was cool...and almost like a switchblade....but now I use it a lot. The auto open feature helps a lot when my other hand is occupied

Anyone else carry or collect knives? I wouldnt say I collect them...buyt I think I could find 7 or 8 around the house that I've accumulated.

I try but the TSA keeps taking it away. :LOL: Really though, I'd like to have a little swiss army knife with me, but I do fly a lot and don't want to get so used to having it that I accidentally go through security with it.

I carry a Swiss Army knife with me most of the time. I also have a Leatherman kit in the car, the truck and the motorhome. I like pocket knives and still have a few handed down from grandfather and father plus several of my own. With the way that vacuum and shrikwrap everything with the heavy gauge plastic that is impossible to open without a knife (and even then are guaranteed to get cut from the sharp plastic as you attempt to gain access to your purchased good without suffering the loss of a digit or two.

My wife even carries now.

I don't but my wife the engineer does. It is pink so none of the other male engineers will steal it. However, I think that I caught one of the female engineers eyeing it.

I've always carried a pocket kinfe. What else are you going to put in your pockets?

My favorite is a Case.

My FIL has a nice collection, even at 95 he still likes to pull'em out and show'em off when we visit.

I carry one in my purse, just never know when you'll need it. Dh carries one in a case on his belt, he's constantly using it for something. He also has a jackknife collection, we pick them up at flea markets and yard sales.

Swiss Army knife - with cork screw, hole punch, blade, nail file,, sissor etc

I have a Leatherman in my glove box. I used to carry the smallest Swiss Army knife in my purse, but lost 2 to TSA. I kept forgetting I had them. So I gave up and did not replace the second one.

I miss having one.

I keep a small one in my pocket. Have lost a couple to TSA as I forget I have it until the last minute.

The last time, just before the "scan" I remembered the knife and handed it to the TSA agent. He looked at it and tossed it into the box to be scanned.

Obviously a new recruit. :LOL:

Non sequitur said:
Allways.

I used to be a Boy Scout. "Be Prepared"

Correct! This eagle scout never goes anywhere without a knife nearby

I carry more often than not, but usually not to work. So, basically, on the weekends, or after work if I'm doing something.

thefed said:
I try, but too often forget. Then when I need it most.... nothing.

My favorite knife is one I bought when I was young(er) and dumb(er)///I got it at a swap meet while my dad was pre-occupied. It' has a black automatic opening 4" blade. I bought it because it was cool...and almost like a switchblade....but now I use it a lot. The auto open feature helps a lot when my other hand is occupied

<snip>

Get your hands on a "cheap" $25 Gerber-style one with a metal pocket clip and metal thumb screw - so you can open it one handed. Good for opening boxes, cutting straps, etc. Like this one (no thumb screw, just an opening). Or this one.

-CC

Yup, usually have a swiss army knife on me. Lost some to the TSA, some to just carelessness, but always have one around.

Leathermans in the cars. I used to have the mini-swiss army knife on my keychain, but now I have a calculator instead.

I have a Spyderco that clips on my pants pocket. If I am wearing dress pants, I have a light 2 blade jackknife, a small version of the Case Stockman (a bigger 3 blade knife).

Ha

I have a cute little swiss army knife with blue flowers on it. To do my nails. :)

Single Blade "Swell End Jack" Hand Made. Plan on handing it down to my grandson. (But not anytime soon!) AL

I warned my wife about her pocketknife since she is travelling Sunday.

I see that the TSA has prohibited cricket bats too.

Carry a Kobalt Utility Knife most of the time. Like a fancy box cutter with a pocket clip built in. Very good for most things that need a knife -- plastic packaging etc. Also have a Concealed Weapon Permit but almost never carry as the places you cannot carry it into a far too numerous (Schools, libraries, banks, airports, etc.,) which makes you either break the law or find someplace to store it so that you do not.

OAG said:
Also have a Concealed Weapon Permit but almost never carry as the places you cannot carry it into a far too numerous (Schools, libraries, banks, airports, etc.,) which makes you either break the law or find someplace to store it so that you do not.

In this state add bars and nighclubs to that list.

Ha

Always carry a lightweight Gerber with locking blade. Leathermans in both vehicles along with Marine combat knifes, rope and survival backpack. Have CCW permit also and check the weapon in my baggage whenever I fly in the States. Have printed material on all state firearms laws. Can't be too carefull.

I have always carried a small pocket knife, but lately I have been traveling so much for work that it is sitting on the coffee table instead of hanging from my keychain.

Back
Top Bottom