Who carries a pocket knife regularly?

well, i got my kershaw needs work in the mail yesterday,a nd im blown away by the quality of the kershaw knives compared to even 'high quality for low budget' knives like the boker magnum line. i love it so far!

I got a nice surprise today! I went to a cookout/steak-fry put on by the operator's association I used to be a member of. FREE steak, corn on the cob, baked beans, yada-yada-yada. After eating, they had a drawing for 'door prizes'.....a lot of t-shirts, golf balls, and other rather nondescript items.

The first drawing I got a t-shirt that didn't fit (gave it to my Mom...she liked it!), a calendar (a former co-w*rker liked it, so I gave it to him), a nice box of golf balls (I don't golf, but my neighbor that house sits/watches for us does....gave them to him), and a cap ( I kept it).

The second drawing they let you choose from whatever was left over from the first drawing. My name was the first one called, so I went up and snagged the really nice Leatherman 'Surge' with a leather sheath!!! SWEET!!! This was a 'keeper'...ain't giving it away!!!:D

I got a nice surprise today! I went to a cookout/steak-fry put on by the operator's association I used to be a member of. FREE steak, corn on the cob, baked beans, yada-yada-yada. After eating, they had a drawing for 'door prizes'.....a lot of t-shirts, golf balls, and other rather nondescript items.

The first drawing I got a t-shirt that didn't fit (gave it to my Mom...she liked it!), a calendar (a former co-w*rker liked it, so I gave it to him), a nice box of golf balls (I don't golf, but my neighbor that house sits/watches for us does....gave them to him), and a cap ( I kept it).

The second drawing they let you choose from whatever was left over from the first drawing. My name was the first one called, so I went up and snagged the really nice Leatherman 'Surge' with a leather sheath!!! SWEET!!! This was a 'keeper'...ain't giving it away!!!:D

cool! i will look that one up. i just saw a really cool elatherman at wally world with the three things i really would ever need to fix about anything....blade, phillips, anmd flathead screwdriver

just thought i'd bump this to the top as i re-discover my love for knives.

i have been buying some inexpensive, great-for-work knives from smith & wesson lately... my favorite being an assisted open "black ops"...very nice knife for under $30

Used to carry a pen-knife (mini swiss army knife) everywhere...and I was travelling all the time. After 9/11, I forget to take it off my keychain, and security took it from me, promising to return it on the other end of the flight. They lost it in the hold, it never came back. I have several others given to me as gifts over the years, but I don't carry them anymore due to airport security and my forgetfullness to take them off before going to the airport.

I have a Leatherman and case that I really like, which will be my companion when I FIRE, 'cuz I'm always tinkering with something when I'm not working in an office..

R

ok, I have to brag on my brother, Steve Fecas who is a custom knife maker. These are some of his designs that benchmade has been using over the last 5 years or so. The Benchmades run about $30. His custom knives go from $700-1200 or so.

Benchmade Snipe Folder by Steve Fecas 3.97" Combo Edge Black Blade Model 10600SB - Knifecenter.com

BENCHMADE *NRA* GUNSTOCK STEVE FECAS DESIGN 3.20" PLAIN EDGE BLADE - PDQBLADES - PDQBLADES

Benchmade Fecas Folder, Plain

Some of his custom knives that are resold by sellers or collectors.

Arizona Custom Knives - Steve Fecas

Custom Made Knives by Steve Fecas

Knife made by Steve Fecas

Slip Joint. Custom Knife Consignment

reading back on my original post here is a surprise. i am now NEVER without a knife on my hip or in my pocket...even around the house.

as a backup, i am using a very small folder, which is paper thin, as a money clip.

i forced myself to start carrying regularly, and now feel naked without a knife.

Used to carry a pen-knife (mini swiss army knife) everywhere...and I was travelling all the time. After 9/11, I forget to take it off my keychain, and security took it from me, promising to return it on the other end of the flight. They lost it in the hold, it never came back. I have several others given to me as gifts over the years, but I don't carry them anymore due to airport security and my forgetfullness to take them off before going to the airport.

I have a Leatherman and case that I really like, which will be my companion when I FIRE, 'cuz I'm always tinkering with something when I'm not working in an office..

R

Ditto- I always used to carry a little swiss army penknife-the smallest model, with scissors; but since I travel extensively the [-]over[/-]-reaction to 9-11 made it too difficult to carry one anymore. Even though the blade is less than 2" long and supposedly OK to travel with, I have had several confiscated by overzealous TSA'ers, especially in smaller market airports-sometimes for the blade, sometimes for the 1" scissors. One Barney Fife clone in Idaho snatched a pair of nailclippers out of my computer bag, crowing like he had just singlehandedly captured Osama Bin Laden after a fierce spec ops firefight. He spastically twisted the nail file back and forth until it broke off and then offered them back. He seemed genuinely offended when I told him to keep them...

Still got my swiss army knife, with all important beer bottle opener. I still need to get my Cold Steel Tanto folder and Spyderco sharpened. They are serrated, and I don't have stones to sharpen them.

I carry a little two blade Case that I bought in 1979. Nothing special, just a knife. My favorite is a Leatherman.

I used to, maybe I will again. As long as I don't get on a plane.

As long as I can remember, my dad has always carried a pocket knife (and a buckeye).

I've never needed one, I have long fingernails.

My dad gave me this Swiss army knife a few years ago. He got it while he was ummm...in the army, circa 1954. The blades are still very sharp. I just might clean up this guy and carry it with me....

Attachments

• DSC00697.jpg
    DSC00697.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 3
As long as I can remember, my dad has always carried a pocket knife (and a buckeye).

I've never needed one, I have long fingernails.

Buckeye?? As in...a nut?

Buckeye?? As in...a nut?
Yes. When I was a kid, he told me a buckeye carried in the pocket would keep arthritis away. Anything he told me...I believed. He was/is my daddy. I think he got a big grin out of that and still carries a buckeye. :)

Yes. When I was a kid, he told me a buckeye carried in the pocket would keep arthritis away. Anything he told me...I believed. He was/is my daddy. I think he got a big grin out of that and still carries a buckeye. :)

ccol. thanks for sharing

Back
Top Bottom