FSBO nets more money than a realtor

cute fuzzy bunny

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
"For sale by owner" web sites can generate higher prices than Realtors

As usual, an imperfect study that doesnt clearly identify some correlative and causative factors, but its interesting.

In short, in the same market and adjusting for a number of conditions, FSBO sellers netted a sales price several thousand dollars higher AND didnt pay the agent fees to boot.

Excluding specialty and unique properties, i'm still not sure why I'd pay the same or extra to buy a house from an amateur with emotional involvement.

cute fuzzy bunny;527061.... Excluding specialty and unique properties said:
Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!
Stuart Smalley, FSBO seller

Excluding specialty and unique properties, i'm still not sure why I'd pay the same or extra to buy a house from an amateur with emotional involvement.
"Hey, you can see the place's potential for yourself, write up an offer if you're interested, we're accepting the first full-price one we get. If you have any questions we'll be sitting in the kitchen talking to the rest of the buyers."

Seller jiujitsu.

Some amateurs are more professional than others, and they're more emotionally involved with cash than with a depreciating structure...

Aside from the dreaded "data adjustments", I think one of the important factors in the study is that FSBOs tend to thrive in hot markets and to seek professional help in cold markets. So FSBO results are biased by the fact that everyone is making a killing.

"For sale by owner" web sites can generate higher prices than Realtors

As usual, an imperfect study that doesnt clearly identify some correlative and causative factors, but its interesting.

In short, in the same market and adjusting for a number of conditions, FSBO sellers netted a sales price several thousand dollars higher AND didnt pay the agent fees to boot.

Typical "statistics lie" propaganda..........:p

The "For Sale by Owner" signs in my neighborhood all need new paint and lettering.........:D

it depends on YOUR area.........;)

Back
Top Bottom