Surfing Terrorist Chat Rooms

Interesting.

One would hope the CIA and NSA are playing in that arena. Matter of fact, the CIA should setup several honey pots to support such activity for the terrorist... much easier to listen in and possibly locate. Not to mention exploit their computer and put backdoors and tracking software. :D

But I would not be surprised if most of the bad guys use peer to peer for sensitive communications rather than a central server.

Why on earth did she allow her name and photograph to be published?

Interesting.

One would hope the CIA and NSA are playing in that arena. Matter of fact, the CIA should setup several honey pots to support such activity for the terrorist... much easier to listen in and possibly locate. Not to mention exploit their computer and put backdoors and tracking software. :D

But I would not be surprised if most of the bad guys use peer to peer for sensitive communications rather than a central server.

They most likely do. I would be willing to bet a years wages that areas like this is where a lot of the information for the "illegal wiretaps" is developed. In these types of cases the time frame from developed information to actual phone conversations can be very short and not sufficeint to proceed with obtaining a warrant.

Why on earth did she allow her name and photograph to be published?

If you google her you can see she has been been covered extensively for the last 3 or 4 years. AFAIK, her identy was outted in a court-martial proceeding against the wanta-be jihadist/National Guard soldier. Evidently she requested that her identy remain a secret. However, the Army refused. To be fair to the Army, the 6th amendment does give one the right confront ones accuser, so I am not sure there was much of an option.

It appears that she does get protection from the local police and FBI.
But I think the real answer, is that she is brave and a patriot.

Back
Top Bottom