Early Retirement Primary

If you lived in New Hampshire who would you vote for?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • John Edwards

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • John McCain

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Fred Thompson

Votes: 6 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clifp

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I thought ahead of the NH Primary it would be interesting to see who forum members would vote for.

At this point and time. I would set up a dart board. Grab a blind fold. :duh:

Obamaniacs out in full force. It would be interesting to poll based on who we thought would be best for those pursuing ER, that factor alone.

You got to like McCain - he seems like the anti-Obama. That would be an interesting race!

I don't think None of the Above is running. In many races I can sympathize with none of the above. In this race, there were eight or nine people running for each major party. These are people of considerable accomplishment war hero, doctor, lawyer, business leader, preacher, author, actor, Olympic organizer, and of course, mayor, governor. and senator. These people are willing to spend almost two gruelling years of their lives on an extraordinarily tough job interview for the world most important job.

I tell you I wouldn't be willing to spend 14-18 hours a daymaking speeches, kissing babies, begging for money, and having my entire live attacked and ridiculed. Oh and forget to mention literally risking their lives. I don't agree with any of them on all issues, and fact I disagree with many of them on most issues. However, I think if you can't find anybody you want as president, I think it is more of a reflection of your unrealistic expectations than the candidates.

However, I think if you can't find anybody you want as president, I think it is more of a reflection of your unrealistic expectations than the candidates.

I agree. Reincarnating Harry Truman is totally unrealistic I suppose.

But hey, maybe I'll be wrong and one of these candidates will turn out to be an unexpected success as President. Stranger things have happened, right? ;)

(Standby folks. Wags will be along shortly to set this thread to music...)

Well I would have voted GWB if they would allow 3 terms :eek:

Im kidding ;)

But hey, maybe I'll be wrong and one of these candidates will turn out to be an unexpected success as President. Stranger things have happened, right? ;)

Absolutely, like a complete reversal of foreign policy run on.

If I lived in NH, I''d be an illegal immigrant. If I can't get a drivers license, why would I try try to vote.

I can't wait til the lunacy comes calling in SC. Our primaries are the 19th and 26th. Thank god I don't have a tv! But I'm working both elections for the county as a precinct clerk, so I'll certainly have my fill of political junk on those days!

Not to be too negative, but it simply amazes me how individuals in 2008 can think about voting for a candidate (Huckabee) that does not believe in evolution - no matter what his/her other qualities may be.

Not to be too negative, but it simply amazes me how individuals in 2008 can think about voting for a candidate (Huckabee) that does not believe in evolution - no matter what his/her other qualities may be.

This has a slight potential to go places :D

While Obama spins the wonderful premise of "talking out differences", I wonder what his "solution" is for dealing with opponents who are not genuinely interested in resolving difference but obliterating the US (AlQuaida) or possibly Putin.
Not sure why he believes everyone is interested in genuine joint problem solving. Some the bad guys just want to win and will tell you anything you are "naive" enough to believe
Nwsteve

This has a slight potential to go places :D

Yeah, really. Someone could say the same thing about gay rights, abortion, or capital punishment, etc. etc. etc. It always depends on what your version of evolved and advanced is.

Last edited:
It depends on how much you think evolution will impact the next four or eight years. Millions didn't vote for Kennedy because they were positive the Pope would be the defacto ruler of the USA, etc. Lieberman never stood a chance because millions assumed his religion would control his secular life in politics, etc.

You pay your money, you take your chance.

Regardless of what each candidate stands for/promises/etc. there is only so much he/she can get through gridlock. I have little hope of anyone being able to make a real difference.

If I was in NH I would vote for Obama but if I was in Texas I would vote for Kinky Friedman (a giant amongst men).

Politics is the only field in which the more experience you have, the worse you get. Kinky Friedman

GOD BLESS:angel:

Hey, you calling my Daddy a monkey?

Regardless of what each candidate stands for/promises/etc. there is only so much he/she can get through gridlock. I have little hope of anyone being able to make a real difference.

And aren't we thankful for that? :)

Ha

Well Chuck Norris supports the Huckster.

Little known fact

There is no chin behind Chuck's beard. Just another fist.

If NH votes like this board, Obama will get 50% of the vote in the Dem primary. That kind lead will be a death knell to HC.

NOT HILLARY

I voted for Perot, Perot, Bush and Bush in the 4 elections since I was old enough to vote.

I am likely leaning towards Edwards or McCain (if both run, not sure). I am not registered with either party. I only vote in Presidential elections or when my community puts up a school levy (I usually vote no).

Back
Top Bottom