Vanguard Managed Retirement Income Funds

hogwild

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone know when Vanguard will have those new funds available on their website?

I talked to an annuity guy at VG the other day and he said the end of this month. But I doubt if he is very plugged in. I axed him some basic questions about the funds (we were talking about annuities) and refused to discuss them saying he could not discuss any details of those funds yet .

1/24.

But it was supposed to be 1/15ish originally and I think close to 1/1 out of the bag.

They're still fiddling with the ER's, content, and the prospectus.

I think the 5% version almost became a 4% version, but never saw anything concrete on that and it seems they're sticking with 5%.

An interesting observation from one of the peanut galleries was that while the 5 and 7% versions are the most discussed, the 3% might be the best of the three. After 4-5 years of capital appreciation, the 3% might pay a higher amount against the original principal value than the 5%, and after 10-12 years, it might outpace the 7% in terms of actual dollar payout. Obviously a lot more volatility/loss risk with it, but it wouldnt have to cough out a big percentage during early year investments that coincided with huge down years...the classic ER albatross of having a major downturn in the early years of retirement...an ER can decide to not take as much from their investments and control spending, but these funds will spit the money out regardless.

Back
Top Bottom