Vanguard Intl Index - No Fair

Mysto

Recycles dryer sheets
I was going to add a little to my VGTSX tonight and then I realized that because US market was closed yesterday - Vanguard has not updated prices to reflect the Asian bloodbath. Now I can't buy at a price before end of business tomorrow and I expect some rebound.

:rant:It's not fair I tell you!

Now I just hope the market drops some more so I'll look like a genius.:rolleyes:

You can buy VEU which is an almost identical ETF during the day.

The market does not close for another 40 minutes or so. My broker would give me today's closing NAV of VGSTX if I place the order soon.

I imagine that if you wanted to, you could place an order now and not wait until tonight. Thus you could get today's NAV as well.

At Fidelity you can place your orders any time up to 3:59 for that day and get the closing NAV. When I'm buying NTF index funds (for family members since I don't really use index funds) I usually watch the price action on related ETF's like EFA or VEU and then decide whether I want to buy.

I am heavy in the International Index fund of my TSP/401k right now, and haven't worked up the guts to go look to see what happend to me yesterday. I'm gonna go take a look...If I don't come back, somebody send out the recovery team.

I am heavy in the International Index fund of my TSP/401k right now, and haven't worked up the guts to go look to see what happend to me yesterday. I'm gonna go take a look...If I don't come back, somebody send out the recovery team.

LOL!!! My sympathies. After Christmas I rebalanced to 23% "I Fund", though by last Friday it was already down to 22% all by itself. I am just going to play ostrich and not look until morning.

Well....I forgot that yesterday being a holiday, the TSP won't show the updates until later on tonight. In a couple of hours, I'll be able to go to one of several fed type web sites to see what percentage of my money got flushed down the international toilet, but I won't see the actual damage to my account in dollars and cents until tomorrow morning. I think I still have a little tequila left in the kitchen pantry.............

Back
Top Bottom