Carnival in Quebec (and three days of skiing!)

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone celebrated Carnival in Quebec?

It is the 400th anniversary - should be wild! Am taking a ski club trip - we'll hit the slopes at Le Massif, Stoneham, and Mont Sainte-Anne (one day each) Something tells me it will be a slumbering ride home on the bus Sunday!

Any things I should toss in the luggage for Carnival?

Camera,French English dictionary,Hair of the dog.I'll give you the Guarantee
"A good time will be had by all"

Carnival started today...ends Fat Tuesday....but we leave Wed, returning to NJ on Sunday. Whirlwind trip!

Best Vacation EVER!! (so far!)

So how was it? any pics?
Here ya go! What a great trip! We skied, ate fabulous food, got massages, stomped through the snow, tubed, zip-lined, ate maple syrup on a stick (and beaver tails!), rode a mechanical bull, toboggan, snow sculpted (ok, just a little assist!), need I say more? If anyone is interested in the whole lot of photos, feel free to pm me and I can send you the link :)

Attachments

• Quebec 070.jpg
    Quebec 070.jpg
    503.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Mt-St-Anne.jpg
    Mt-St-Anne.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Quebec 133.jpg
    Quebec 133.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Quebec 167.jpg
    Quebec 167.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 2
  • sculpting.jpg
    sculpting.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
You gotta try real hard to have a bad time in Quebec city.Great pics:cool:

Here ya go! What a great trip! We skied, ate fabulous food, got massages, stomped through the snow, tubed, zip-lined, ate maple syrup on a stick (and beaver tails!), rode a mechanical bull, toboggan, snow sculpted (ok, just a little assist!), need I say more? If anyone is interested in the whole lot of photos, feel free to pm me and I can send you the link :)

Hehe, I love Quebec. It's got the facilities of a first world country (OK, the roads are somewhat questionable) but the culture of a laid-back third-world country. A friend of mine used to say, "We do things here for fun that would get your life ruined back the in the States." Just look at the sled run and the huge snow sculpture with protrusions hanging over people's heads. That's 100 lawsuits waiting to happen in the U.S. :)

A friend of mine used to say, "We do things here for fun that would get your life ruined back the in the States." Just look at the sled run and the huge snow sculpture with protrusions hanging over people's heads. That's 100 lawsuits waiting to happen in the U.S. :)

We were delighted with this feeling....and the sidewalks are not really cleared (heavens knows I landed on my arse twice! - tailbone STILL is in pain!) It was refreshing to play - without someone regulating all the fun. Some things do rate a lawsuit, (and common sense needs to apply to safety) but sliding down the ice on wood and wool - well, many fun things have a streak of danger in them! Wheeee!

Back
Top Bottom