Sexy high heels are good for you

I'll have to find some size 12 EEEs.

Gill Brook, a women's health physiotherapist in Bradford, stressed the findings did not suggest that stilettos were a good thing for those keen on improving their pelvic floor function. "But for women who like a slightly higher heel, these are reassuring findings - although we haven't yet done away with the need for regular exercises to maintain what is such an important part of the female body."

I keep trying to post on this topic, but some force makes the computer output only jibberish. :)

Ha

Deformed and crippled feet are sexy?

So now dieting, fussing with hair, makeup, exercising and weight training aren't good enough? I have to do them all now...in heels? :eek:

Heels are more comfortable to me than flats - i can't wear flats. I found that when I was pregnant, you're even advised to wear a slight heal (1-2 inches) because it's better for you.

cheap heels hurt - but in general the more expensive ones are much more walkable (although they aren't all that way). In general - 2-3 inches is a good comfortable range - higher tends to hurt, lower too.

if you feel sexy, aren't you more likely to get some too? >:D

So now dieting, fussing with hair, makeup, exercising and weight training aren't good enough? I have to do them all now...in heels? :eek:

Where did you say your gym was? :)

Ha

if you feel sexy, aren't you more likely to get some too? >:D
That was my thought, too!

Back when I was working, I found that Easy Spirit's Butterfly heels (their higher heels...~3") were the only ones that I could wear on a busy day without causing my feet to hurt. Plain, closed heel, closed toe...ugly and not particularly cheap, but they supported my arch and let me focus on working instead of aching feet. I had other heels that were a lot sexier but only wore them when I didn't have to be on my feet much. >:D

That was my thought, too!

Back when I was working, I found that Easy Spirit's Butterfly heels (their higher heels...~3") were the only ones that I could wear on a busy day without causing my feet to hurt. Plain, closed heel, closed toe...ugly and not particularly cheap, but they supported my arch and let me focus on working instead of aching feet. I had other heels that were a lot sexier but only wore them when I didn't have to be on my feet much. >:D

I think we should pay a tax on tools, lawn tractors, macho cars and trucks and video games that would be applied to subsidizing high heels for genetically female wearers.

Kind of like Lady Bird Johnsons's beautification project. :)

Ha

I think we should pay a tax on tools, lawn tractors, macho cars and trucks and video games that would be applied to subsidizing high heels for genetically female wearers.

Kind of like Lady Bird Johnsons's beautification project. :)

Ha

That is one tax hike I'd go for ;)

not that i'm into drag (& i'd be one ugly woman) but i just tried standing up on my toes and as i do i find my back arches to maintain balance. so while i don't know what they do for pelvic muscles, i don't believe high heels are good for the spine. i can only conclude that the sex to which the fetishistic urologist refers is either entirely selfish on his part or involves pain on hers.

I was going to walk around in front of DH in six inch stilettos. You know just to get on his nerves. Thank God I did a practice run first before he got home. Was.....not.....happening. Did not look cool at all so I posed myself on the sofa just wearing them. Same out come and easier on the feet. How do those gals in the movies walk in those darn thing?

There is one overlooked advantage ...

... to wearing high heels. Now, she has to already be in bed, and 'positioned effectively,' so to speak. The advantage? LEVERAGE!

Grasp each stiletto heel in either hand, and a given male can exert much more controlling force, either sideways or on the perpendicular axis. So to speak. >:D

Deformed and crippled feet are sexy?
thank you Khan for saying this.

if i had a dollar for every lady i knew who had surgery for hammer toes and arch problems and bone spurs from a lifetime of cramming their feet into high heels, i'd be a rich woman.

my size 9 1/2 wide, and high heels are like oil and vinegar.

but if the ladies here can wear em and not hurt your footsies, go for it! LOL

Last edited:
thank you Khan for saying this.

if i had a dollar for every lady i knew who had surgery for hammer toes and arch problems and bone spurs from a lifetime of cramming their feet into high heels, i'd be a rich woman.

my size 9 1/2 wide, and high heels are like oil and vinegar.

but if the ladies here can wear em and not hurt your footsies, go for it! LOL

there's a science to it!

rule 1) no cramming - buy a 1/2 size bigger, put in suede pad in the front to keep foot from slipping forward (no cramped toes, blisters or bunions and some cushion) - also put a heel liner on the back to help feet from sliding out cuz of the slightly larger size and 2) nothing higher than 3.5 inches unless it has a platform to offset it 3) no cheap shoes :D

you should also know the "limit" for each shoe - some shoes are 30 minute shoes, some are 2 hours, some are 1/2 day etc. pushing it is when you get those bad foot problems etc.

I thought heels were bad for you because they caused shortening of the muscles and other things.
Granted, I only wear my wifes every other Halloween. :p j/k

Anybody remember Jamie Lee Curtis' character's trouble with heels in "True Lies":confused:

I swore off high heel shoes many years ago. I only wear very low high heeled shoes to church, weddings and funerals basically. The rest of the time I am in fairly flat shoes (tennis shoes, Birkenstock type sandals) and my feet feel fine.

I can't believe all of the things that women do to try to look good for their man. I do much of it myself, such as wearing make-up, coloring my hair, waxing my eyebrows, shaving armpits and legs, are some of the things off the top of my head. Can you imagine what the vast majority of men would say, if we would ask them to do any of the above or if we were to ask them to wear a dress with hose on a day when the weather was freezing?

I swore off high heel shoes many years ago. I only wear very low high heeled shoes to church, weddings and funerals basically. The rest of the time I am in fairly flat shoes (tennis shoes, Birkenstock type sandals) and my feet feel fine.

I can't believe all of the things that women do to try to look good for their man. I do much of it myself, such as wearing make-up, coloring my hair, waxing my eyebrows, shaving armpits and legs, are some of the things off the top of my head. Can you imagine what the vast majority of men would say, if we would ask them to do any of the above or if we were to ask them to wear a dress with hose on a day when the weather was freezing?

So dont do it.

Back
Top Bottom