Hi I am begining a long planned journey to retirement

vthorseshoe

Confused about dryer sheets
I am 58 and have been shoeing horses for over 30 years.
Drove Tractor Trailer coast to coast for 10 years.

I have put my property in Vermont up for sale and bought mself a 32 ft. 5th wheel trailer and a new pickup truck to pull it.

I am leaving the north eastern USA for warmer area's further south.

I lost my wife of 21 years October 30th 06 and it has been a long year of learning and copeing with my loss.
Cigarettes and bronkitus/pnuemonia through the years took its final toll.

I have set aside a specific amount for my God-Son as my wife and I had discussed through the years, and the rest pays off all my bills leaving me a zero balance.

I am going to take a month off and check out area's of interest and then will find a place to live where I can be happy and comfortable in South Carolina.
Looking to buy 5-10 acres
I will begin a new horse shoeing business and work 3 to 4 days a week and enjoy the balance.

Anyone else doing anything along these lines ?

I am focused on keeping my everyday bills well within my range of income.

In a few more years I will have SS comng in and will be able to relax a bit moe with my nest egg and do some fishing and ride my motorcycle.

Bruce Matthews
1719 center rd
Hde Park, Vermont 05655

Sincere condolences on the loss of your wife, vt, that had to be incredibly tough.

I have no wisdom on your search, but wish you the best -- keep us posted, ok?

Bruce, welcome aboard! It sounds like you have a plan and you know what you want -- best wishes in getting there.

Coach

Bruce, be sure to let me know when you get down here. I grew up with horses and if you settle near the lowcountry, I might be able to get you an introduction to some folks. As you know, good farriers are hard to find (and with injuries, hard to keep!).
I am sorry for your loss and hope that the change of scenery will do you good. We have 4 acres near Charleston, SC and our area is full of good horse people.
Sarah

Sorry for you loss... and it appears that you have weathered the worst...

Congrats on your plans and have a great time!!!

I'm very sorry for the loss of your wife. You and I seem to have some things in common. We are about the same age. I also drove coast to coast for a little while, not nearly as long as you. I really enjoyed driving a big rig down the highway but did not like much else about the job, especially living out of a truck. I also much prefer warmer weather and the older I get the more I like it. I have about two years before I will start to draw SS. I am also new to this forum (a couple days ago). I hope you enjoy it and profit from the knowledge of the members here as much as I do. Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom