NY's version of cutting back.....

My god can you imagine having to take the pooch to Petco for $65 grooming instead of $130, can you the humilation of poor Fiffy when the neighbor dogs find out the horror horror. ($130 is more than yearly haircut allowance...)

I don't think NY Times pays there reporters all that well so you wonder how they can keep a straight face interviewing people in the article.

You know times are tough....

....when you have to send your sheets to the laundry rather than the dry cleaners and have the dog groomed at Petco ... "OH my God" :rolleyes:

Our idea of a bath for Lucy after she rolled in cow cr@p was to toss a ball or stick into the canal, over and over, until she came out clean...no cow cr@p covered mutt in my washer, or house, thank you...

R

Is anyone else as tired of all these doom-and-gloom "how hard times are causing people to cut back" articles as I am?

Manicures at a less expensive salon? Weekly hairdos?

Puhleeze!

The NYT in anything "living"-oriented has been getting worse and worse for years. I think it's just to cater to the uber-rich who buy the products like the $10k watches and luxury cars that their advertisers push.

That said.. If I lived in a tiny NY apt. I would probably seriously consider dropping clothes off at a laundry (dry-cleaning sheets is just insane, I mean a regular laundry). Just imagine that you don't have the cost of the washer/dryer (plus water/gas/electric).. no ironing.. plus you're not paying rent or mortgage on the space the laundry area takes up. It's not very efficient having millions and millions of washing machines in 30 sq. miles.

The NYT in anything "living"-oriented has been getting worse and worse for years. I think it's just to cater to the uber-rich who buy the products like the $10k watches and luxury cars that their advertisers push.

That said.. If I lived in a tiny NY apt. I would probably seriously consider dropping clothes off at a laundry (dry-cleaning sheets is just insane, I mean a regular laundry). Just imagine that you don't have the cost of the washer/dryer (plus water/gas/electric).. no ironing.. plus you're not paying rent or mortgage on the space the laundry area takes up. It's not very efficient having millions and millions of washing machines in 30 sq. miles.

I live in a NYC apartment, and luckily have washers and dryers in my basement, but they're not cheap. If I didn't have them I would take my clothes to a laundry and have them done. I am not one for sitting at the laundromat for hours on a weekend when I work so hard during the week.

I agree - dry cleaning sheets is just insane...

Back
Top Bottom