Cadillac Escalade Hybrid

Trek

Full time employment: Posting here.
Now you can brag to your friends that you're reducing your dependence on foreign oil and being more environmentally friendly by getting a whole 20/21 MPG out of your new Escalade Hybrid as opposed to the 12/19 you would get if you got the standard model. :crazy:

Introducing the 2009 Escalade Hybrid

Now you can brag to your friends that you're reducing your dependence on foreign oil and being more environmentally friendly by getting a whole 20/21 MPG out of your new Escalade Hybrid as opposed to the 12/19 you would get if you got the standard model. :crazy:

Introducing the 2009 Escalade Hybrid

Lol big mpg savings! But you are right. The Hybrid title will be the selling point.

$67,000 plus tax.

That would pay for all the gas I will ever use again in my entire life time in the cars I already own. And probably for an extra cheap car somewhere along the line.

"Intelligent Indulgence", now there's a marketing guy without a clue (or at least nothing whatsoever to work with in terms of the product)!

Unfortunately I suspect it reflects what's in their pipeline - probably full of unsaleable products for many, many years. And I'd guess the same is true for Ford and Chrysler. Even though I haven't bought a 'big three' car since 1978, it's very sad...

Last edited:
No wonder GM is headed to the scrap heap. To meet the CAFE they will be selling 5,000 skate boards for every one of these humongous things.

What niche of the market are they going after? The unbelievably wealthy, gas-price sensitive gung-ho American soccer moms?

What niche of the market are they going after? The unbelievably wealthy, gas-price sensitive gung-ho American soccer moms?

:D:D

It's the beginning of the end.....might as well file for Chapter 11 now...............:p

Just trying to keep their profit machine working. The US car company's make a lot of money on truck, SUV's and large cars. Next to nothing on small cars.

I am loving it driving around my cheap little souped up Toyota Echo.....It was just a twelve thousand dollar car but I put some low end mag wheels on it after mistakenly jumping a concrete embankment and needing some new wheels anyway; put a CD player in it and put some cool tinting on it with black edging to go with the silver and black paint job and the car looks cool and gets thirty-four mpg. To those people who called it a TOY CAR back then.. HA!!

The Escalade is the favorite car of the most famous enviromentalist ever, AL Gore

there is also a Chevy Tahoe hybrid coming out soon or already out, but i think they are the same thing

The Escalada is a GREAT car to drive. I once rented one on vacation. It's incredibly comfortable, luxurious, high-tech, prestigious, great visibility on the road. It's really a pleasure to drive.

Unfortunately, large SUVs are becoming a social faux pas, like fur coats in the 80s.

FWIW, I test-drove a Lexus RX 400h (the hybrid) over the weekend, as I'm replacing my current car. I was hoping to go hybrid, even though none of the cars I'd really like to drive are hybrids.

Well... the RX 400h sucked. Not ready for prime time. The problem is that when the hybrid technology shifts from battery to gas, you feel the engine rumbling and stuttering, as if the transmission is damaged. It happens every few minutes in city traffic. So much for my attempt to be environmental...

I wonder if others who drive hybrids experience the same issue?

I wonder if others who drive hybrids experience the same issue?

My Escape hybrid has a very slight bump that you can feel when the engine kicks in. I suppose it might bother some, but I love sitting in dead silence at stop lights, and that makes up for it.

I worked in the noise and vibration area in the auto industry and once attended a customer survey clinic for diesel trucks. We asked how annoying they found turbo whine and were surprised to find that many loved it - "sounds just like a big rig". So, I guess a lot has to do with perception and expectations.

The Escalada is a GREAT car to drive. I once rented one on vacation. It's incredibly comfortable, luxurious, high-tech, prestigious, great visibility on the road. It's really a pleasure to drive.

Unfortunately, large SUVs are becoming a social faux pas, like fur coats in the 80s.

How can it be prestigious if it's a social faux pas?

FYI if you buy one. In some circles, it's even more prestigious if you put 22's and spinners on. The football player next door (some Viking wide receiver) did that plus some some really big speakers. I was talking to his cousin on if you'd be able to put 24's on or not. He was nice, he offered my dog some grilled chicken.

How can it be prestigious if it's a social faux pas?

FYI if you buy one. In some circles, it's even more prestigious if you put 22's and spinners on. The football player next door (some Viking wide receiver) did that plus some some really big speakers. I was talking to his cousin on if you'd be able to put 24's on or not. He was nice, he offered my dog some grilled chicken.
Yes, here, too, it's the choice of many athletes and movie stars, even though there are several more expensive SUVs on the market. The Escalade is great. Maybe a little flashy, but cool.

Yes, here, too, it's the choice of many athletes and movie stars, even though there are several more expensive SUVs on the market. The Escalade is great. Maybe a little flashy, but cool.

One my my acquaintances has a business that does upgrades to Escalades for athletes. Shaq had a $50,000 stereo system put in his Escalade, along with spinners and a custom chrome grill...........

I used to live right near the practice facility for the Chicago Bulls. I could always tell when they had a morning practice because there was a line of Escalades sitting at the light in front of their building. What inspires 15 guys on the same team to all get the same car?

According to the tinfoil-hatters and CNBC, I thought there was no such thing as a bull anymore...

Back
Top Bottom