Give me your juicing recipes!

Trek

Full time employment: Posting here.
Blew the monthly budget by getting a nice juicer and it ROCKS! If you care it's this Philips HR1858.

We've been having a blast with it and it comes with a recipe book, but I'd like to know some of your favorite mixes that we can try.

So let me hear them. :)

Sidebar: back when we were regular juicers and I was making my own dog food, I'd mix all the ground vegetable pulp (green beans, beets, carrots mostly) from the juicer with a mix of ground turkey, rice and pulverized egg shells (among other things). Nice way to sneak a little fiber and some vegetable content into the pups diet in an easy to digest form.

I hear you can also mix compatible pulp into meatloaf to extend it and punch up the fiber levels. I'm thinking tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers...?

Sidebar: back when we were regular juicers and I was making my own dog food, I'd mix all the ground vegetable pulp (green beans, beets, carrots mostly) from the juicer with a mix of ground turkey, rice and pulverized egg shells (among other things). Nice way to sneak a little fiber and some vegetable content into the pups diet in an easy to digest form.

I hear you can also mix compatible pulp into meatloaf to extend it and punch up the fiber levels. I'm thinking tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers...?

My mother used to do this to get my sister to eat vegetables.

You can also use the pulp back in the drink to bulk up the fiber or use it as compost in the garden. You can also use the pulp for baby food.

So far my favorite (albeit basic) recipes are:

1 apple
1 pear
handful of white grapes

and

4 tomatoes
2 carrots
1 celery stick

Back
Top Bottom