Red Sox win!!

Ah, google is my friend. Hmmm...how does it hold the bat?

devil_ray.gif

No, they're just the Rays now. They had an exorcism in the off-season and lost the "Devil." I guess this shows how much it can help when the Devil is shaken out of you.

So in order to form a more fearsome image, they kept the flat bottom dwelling fish part, and lost the scary devil part?!?

Yeah, it wasnt looking too pleasant.

Worst job on the field has to be the lead off batter for the Sox after the Rays have been hitting.

Okay, I'll bite. What the hell is a 'dodger'? Arent you supposed to get in front of the ball?

Just like a condom, baby! ;)

Does anyone ever get the feeling that I come up with all the necessary smart alec answers before getting myself into the position where I can be asked any questions ;)

Oh, for the record, Curt Schilling's World Series win with his ankle tendon staple gunned to his sock bleeding all over the mound was the most awesome performance I've seen in baseball in my short lifetime. Mental toughness defined.

They still suck, though.

Monday night my company held a dinner at the Top of the Hub. A terrific view of the city and of Fenway Park.

FenwayGame4

Its party time here in Saint Petersburg!:cool:

How about them >:D Rays!:D:D:D:D:D

They are a a tough young team. We are lovin' it. Last post-season race I was really into was the 1982 Milwaukee-St. Lous series (Cardinals won). There's increasing talk of a new stadium (yeah, right). Young new owner (who was a hedge fun millionaire who got out in time. Manager of baseball operations is a 30-something. Trying to score some tickets to post season play, but not easy.

And personally, I'd rather be called a Ray than be named after an article of sweaty clothing worn on the feet.

Next up: Superbowl. The highway ramp construction around the airport is fast and furious.

Oh, for the record, Curt Schilling's World Series win with his ankle tendon staple gunned to his sock bleeding all over the mound was the most awesome performance I've seen in baseball in my short lifetime. Mental toughness defined.

They still suck, though.

Nope. Kirk Gibson's home run in the 1988 series when he could barely stand up, and was throwing up from a stomach virus. True grit.

Seriously, those were both superhuman (and possibly insane) examples of coming through in the face of massive adversity. Too bad I had to give up on baseball during the '95 strike. I couldn't name 5 active players anymore unless they have made Congressional testimonies recently. I used to love baseball (lifetime Dodgers fan), but the overwhelming greed on the part of the owners and players finally turned me off.

I still like minor league ball, though. Go Delmarva Shorebirds! (Single A Orioles farmclub).

Nope. Kirk Gibson's home run in the 1988 series when he could barely stand up, and was throwing up from a stomach virus. True grit.

Seriously, those were both superhuman (and possibly insane) examples of coming through in the face of massive adversity. Too bad I had to give up on baseball during the '95 strike. I couldn't name 5 active players anymore unless they have made Congressional testimonies recently. I used to love baseball (lifetime Dodgers fan), but the overwhelming greed on the part of the owners and players finally turned me off.

I still like minor league ball, though. Go Delmarva Shorebirds! (Single A Orioles farmclub).

As a guy who grew up 5 minutes from Dodger stadium listening to Vin Scully pitch "Farmer John breakfast sausage!" my heart wants to agree with you, but Kirk had to tough it out for a single at bat, where Curt had to go for 2+ hours. But yes, both will be remembered, probably Kirk's more so since it fits into a highlight reel better.

Back
Top Bottom