FIREcalc SW - am I missing something?

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
i found the link to FIREcalc.com. I saw a page where it displayed START HERE in red, and where to enter 3 values - Spending, Portfolio, and Years. that's it. then i clicked on Submit. that took me to a Results page, with a lot of text and a multicolored graph.
that was as far as I got. I did see a Display/Hide Results button, which then took me to another page that showed assumptions used in the model. these assumptions do not fit.
am i supposed to Donate so I can download FIREcalc and run it independent of the website?
thanks for any help! :D

There are tabs or buttons at the top of the page (right under the green banner on top) where you can enter additional information. Other income/spending, Not Retired?, Spending Models, etc. Click each of those and enter the appropriate information, and only click the Submit button at the bottom of the page after you've entered all the information you care to on each tab (i.e. don't click submit on each tab, just when you're really done entering your data).

Hope that helps!

Also note that even after you click submit and see the chart, you can close that window and go back to modifying the information you've entered - it'll still be there.

And one very useful thing I didn't pick up on at first: when you click submit and see the graph, in the upper right corner of that window you'll see "Link to this set of data" - if you bookmark that link, it saves all of the stuff you entered and you don't need to start from scratch every time.

TY TY TY
i never even saw those Tabs up top under the green banner. :rolleyes:
the results page came up as a separate window, and i never realized i needed to go back to the original window to change input parameters. i thought maybe my popup blocking settings were messing things up.
you 2 just did your good deed for the day. now you can be bad!>:D
thanks again...off i go to play with FC...:D

Back
Top Bottom