Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/)
-   FIRE and Money (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/)
-   -   Anybody join the millionaire club recently? (http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f28/anybody-join-the-millionaire-club-recently-40769.html)

Architect 11-22-2008 10:33 AM

Anybody join the millionaire club recently?
 
With the action in the Treasury market last week I did finally - yay! With all the shared pain on this board recently I thought I'd start a positive thread.

Don't hurt me ... :)

REWahoo 11-22-2008 10:35 AM

First time poster rubbing salt in our collective wounds. Expect to get a very warm welcome...:)

chinaco 11-22-2008 10:37 AM

Not yet... but I feel like I am being clubbed with a baseball bat and spike sticking out of the business end of it. :p

REWahoo 11-22-2008 10:38 AM

Chinaco, I think you may have misread the thread title...

Architect 11-22-2008 10:43 AM

No salt intended! It's not all bad, anybody with exposure to Treasuries should be happy.

chinaco 11-22-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REWahoo (Post 751444)
Chinaco, I think you may have misread the thread title...

Oh... your right... I thought he meant lost a million. My bad.

73ss454 11-22-2008 01:50 PM

I'm just about getting ready to leave.

Nords 11-22-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architect (Post 751451)
No salt intended! It's not all bad, anybody with exposure to Treasuries should be happy.

Hmmm-- a new millionaire, who likes working, and who believes other posters also have exposure to Treasuries.

Welcome... but what makes you think that you have anything in common with the rest of this board's posters?

unclemick 11-22-2008 02:00 PM

In retirement - joining is fun(I did it three times).

It's the un - joining that sucks.

Depending on my mood - I can watch the Saint's play the 4th qtr and pray/swear or I can mutliply 25X my pension and SS and feel 'richer' when added to my portfolio.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;D Or look at the income stream and hum:

psssst Wellesley!

heh heh heh - :coolsmiley: A little forum joke there.

IBWino 11-22-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclemick (Post 751544)
In retirement - joining is fun(I did it three times).

It's the un - joining that sucks.

Yup, I can attest to that. We joined the club 2 years ago, and now we're on the verge of being kicked out.:rant:

In fact, we may already be out. I've been reluctant to look at our investment account statements. :p

Alan 11-22-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBWino (Post 751557)
Yup, I can attest to that. We joined the club 2 years ago, and now we're on the verge of being kicked out.:rant:

In fact, we may already be out. I've been reluctant to look at our investement account statements. :p

Same here - joined 2 years ago - close to un-joining now.

novaman 11-22-2008 03:29 PM

I think the "Lost over a million" club will be drawing a lot of members from your million dollar club.....not that any of us want it that way :p

Yankees Rule 11-22-2008 03:50 PM

If I live for another 30 years the payout from my pension would be 1.3 million dollars.

Gone4Good 11-22-2008 03:59 PM

Anybody join the millionaire club recently?

Umm, from which direction? :p

dessert 11-22-2008 05:24 PM

I can't believe people are "joining" the millionaire's club these days?
I got thrown out un-ceremoniously about 3 months ago. Hoping I can join again during the coming year. :rolleyes:

kumquat 11-22-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TromboneAl (Post 751617)
I wonder if Millionaire Mommy Next Door had to change her name?

I'm sure it's mega-multi-millionaire-mommy-next-door. After all, she must have seen this downward trend coming.

Architect 11-22-2008 07:08 PM

Like maybe I'd enjoy FIRE too? Said I like my job, don't love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nords (Post 751542)
Hmmm-- a new millionaire, who likes working, and who believes other posters also have exposure to Treasuries.

Welcome... but what makes you think that you have anything in common with the rest of this board's posters?


clifp 11-24-2008 06:53 PM

Congratulations Architect, that is an impressive feat in this market.

Now if you made it by shorting stocks, I'd be organizing a lynching party.

freebird5825 11-24-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architect (Post 751439)
With the action in the Treasury market last week I did finally - yay! With all the shared pain on this board recently I thought I'd start a positive thread.

Don't hurt me ... :)

Marry me! :D I'm just kidding...i'm already taken.

welcome to the board. ;D

StJohnsWood 11-25-2008 12:54 PM

I joined the club in September of last year. I was asked to leave the club or thrown out violently August of this year.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.