Buying stock (certificates) as gifts - ?

fatman22

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi, I was thinking of buying some gov bonds, or stock certificates for some relatives for christmas. But the only place I've found so far is
www.oneshare.com which has a $39 transfer fee but it only allows you to buy one share. Hence the comical name of the site.

I was wondering, is there a way I could buy say 10 or 20 or 30 shares xyz company () and have the certificates made up with no one's name on them, or my recipient's name?

I was thinking of getting DD some Silver American Eagles. Might have a little more pizzaz as a xmas present than a stock certificate for a 14 y/o?

We were looking at some websites that sell old Roman & Byzantine coins & she seemed interested in that too.

check with your broker about converting some of your shares from street name or check to see if a company will issue you stock certificates if you buy from them. mommy bought me some P&G stock one time and i had a certificate for it.

At one time they use to issue "bearer" stock certificate. I remenber seeing them during the 70s. I'm not sure if they still do that.

Back
Top Bottom