Home Gym $1050 Total

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just got a home Gym - total cost - $1,050 - gym, rubber mats, weights.

Tech 8.5 System - Weider

I estimate the break even point at 30 months Vs a gym membership.

I like this type of gym because of the various exercises and of the safety aspect - you can put a little more weight on it with the knowledge that the machine spotters are there if needed.

It is heavy and will be a pain to move.

That looks really great! I am so envious. :)

I plan to get something along those lines after I move to Missouri (hopefully, next year). I think it would be fun to have, and you will probably really enjoy being able to work out at home.

That looks like a great set up . I admire people who will exercise at home . I need the gym to motivate me plus I like the social aspect .

Looks like you got a great deal! The link shows the price as $1,499 plus $150 shipping. The equipment looks sturdy--is it really that well built?

Looks like you got a great deal! The link shows the price as $1,499 plus $150 shipping. The equipment looks sturdy--is it really that well built?

It weighs a ton. If I move - I might just leave it with the house. I set it up in my garage - it is a nice space - clean painted floors and walls - no clutter.

I got it at Dick's Sporting for 800+tax+delivery - I used my pick up to take it home. Watch for sales.

Watch for sales.
Especially on Craigslist, when the original buyer's New Year's resolutions run dry.

Our dojang's kickboxing class always doubles in size this time of year... but by July it's back to the usual hardcore regulars.

Man, look at all those great places to hang clothes! I could put pretty much my entire wardrobe on that thing! :whistle:

Seriously, good luck. I had a Bowflex, and I liked it a lot when I used it. But it wasn't often enough. At least I bought it used. I suspect from reading your posts that you are better at keeping on task than I am. Soon you'll have a body to go with that avatar!

romance-novel.jpg

Especially on Craigslist, when the original buyer's New Year's resolutions run dry.

Our dojang's kickboxing class always doubles in size this time of year... but by July it's back to the usual hardcore regulars.

When I was going to the gym regularly, the crowds always thinned back out before the end of Feb. You kickboxers are quite dedicated.

I just got a home Gym - total cost - $1,050 - gym, rubber mats, weights.

Tech 8.5 System - Weider

I estimate the break even point at 30 months Vs a gym membership.

I like this type of gym because of the various exercises and of the safety aspect - you can put a little more weight on it with the knowledge that the machine spotters are there if needed.

It is heavy and will be a pain to move.

Good deal! I find that working out at home is a lot more convenient than going to the gym. You'll need a TV to go with the new machine.

Good deal! I find that working out at home is a lot more convenient than going to the gym. You'll need a TV to go with the new machine.

It is convenient for me also - I find I exercise more often at home than at the gym.

I usually listen to books on tape. I have a total body routine - lower body/upper/lower/upper etc- I don't stand around and spend a lot of time.

If it works for you great.

Depends on your goals really. I need an array of free weights to get the lifting experience I am after. However, if you are excercising merely for health benefits (i.e. don't care about substantial size gains) then I would say its an excellent investment. Enjoy, there is nothing more satisfying than keeping fit.

Dex, how is the leg developer portion? I usually find the ones on non-gym equipment (such as one finds in hotels, etc.) very uncomfortable--chafing and even digging into my ankles and shins.

Amethyst

Dex, how is the leg developer portion? I usually find the ones on non-gym equipment (such as one finds in hotels, etc.) very uncomfortable--chafing and even digging into my ankles and shins.
Amethyst

I think legs are the most important aspect of weight training - especially as we get older. I will be relying on squats for legs. The machine is good for that - you can lean back a little into the bar and "sit down". I might get a hip sled in the future.
HACK MACHINES & HIP SLEDS

I will rig something up for calf raises.

The bench leg attachment is OK but I think it is limited in the weight it can handle and the padding - it will take me awhile before I get to that level.

Looks good Dex. Do you have a plan for aerobic exercise? I think if I had one of these machines and a treadmill I would probably keep a better exercise routine. I would like to add a rower as well though. If I had the space, I could set myself up good for less than a year's membership at my gym (about $2600 a year at today's exchange rates). Gook luck with it!

R

After ER and my move to Missouri, I am thinking of setting up a home gym with a treadmill, an exercycle (already have one), and something like Dex's new setup for strength training. Also I would include a TV, some mats for yoga, and a few dumbells... and maybe some day an elliptical, though not right away.

So, I am hoping that my house up there will have a big room that I don't need for anything else. I am thinking that a room for this should be at least 20'x28' or so. Like Rambler, I am thinking the initial setup probably won't be too expensive, especially if I use Craig's List.

Back
Top Bottom