Change in user name

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone know how to do this? Made an unfortunate choice years ago, but SoonToRetire is a bit dated now that I'm fully retired. OTOH it's a good reminder of my roots.

I would suggest contacting Janet, an admin who is able to do this, with your request and an alternate name that you would rather have. I think any of the admins can do it.

Just let me know what name you prefer and I can make the change. All your posts will be rebadged with the new name.

Can I make a suggestion? Please add "formerly known as "SoonToRetire" in your sig, please?

Some posters have changed names before, for a while it seemed to be a game some played, and it *really* made following an old thread (like some of the ones in the FAQ) difficult. People refer to someone by name, but the post name is now different, and I'd just get lost.

Not so easy for some of us old folks to keep up ;)

-ERD50

I would suggest contacting Janet, an admin who is able to do this, with your request and an alternate name that you would rather have. I think any of the admins can do it.

You will be facing the same dilema in about 267 days. Perhaps you could change your name to Great to Retire
:dance::dance::dance:

I would like to change my name to "Maybe".

It is getting harder and harder to be sure...

Ha

Believe it or not, REWahoo! used to be REWannabe...

So maybe the key is choosing a new name that's similar to your current name like "LaterToRetire" or "SoonerToRetire".

And for W2R it could be... um... gee... W2R seems to work. Or Wanted2Retire. Or Wonderful2Retire. Or WantonRetiree?

Tee-hee! Thanks for the suggestions, everybody. I have been contemplating this for a while. Hopefully I'll think of something... Don't know what it will be, though!

Anyone know how to do this? Made an unfortunate choice years ago, but SoonToRetire is a bit dated now that I'm fully retired. OTOH it's a good reminder of my roots.

You might want to hang onto your username. If the market keeps going down, you may become "soon to retire" again :LOL:

Thanks for all the great tips. I'm going to try for FinallyRetired, and in my signature I will put The Retiree Formely Known as SoonToRetire, or TRFKASTR. It worked for Prince, or did it? I think he's still working.

I used to be known as "Cute Fuzzy Bunny."

Thanks. Wow, this is a new world out here now. What do I do with my new name? I feel like a kid again. :flowers:

Now, if I could only change the "Full time employment: Posting here" line that would be fantastic. I get queazy everytime I read that. I've looked everywhere but can't find where that's changed.

The "full employment posting here" line is automatic, based on your number of posts.

Back
Top Bottom