Administrator locked out

jambo101

Full time employment: Posting here.
My computer has developed an odd problem. i'm running Vista and i am the administrator,i have 3 guest accounts (wife and 2 kids)seems every one can get on their accounts with no trouble but when i try to log on to my account all i get is = The user profile service failed to log on
And = The user profile cannot be loaded
What gives?i thought i'm supposed to be running the show:confused: Trying to fix the problem from another account is not working as it keeps asking for my password which no longer seems to function:confused:
Any PC problem solvers have any idea whats happening to my PC?

I'm not a techie guru like some others here, but could one of your kids have found out your password and changed it?

(Oh, and thank G** I have Vista! I have had it from the start, love it, have never had a single problem with it, and would never go back. Even CFB grew to like it after a while. :) )

I just set up my first Vista computer for a friend after setting up / cleaning up many XP's. Ugh. Just as bad as I thought and worse. I am glad I got a last-minute new laptop with XP to postpone the switchover (more likely to Linux than Vista / WIndows 7) as long as possible.

I just set up my first Vista computer for a friend after setting up / cleaning up many XP's. Ugh. Just as bad as I thought and worse. I am glad I got a last-minute new laptop with XP to postpone the switchover (more likely to Linux than Vista / WIndows 7) as long as possible.

I loved my Model T. Best car Ford ever made. If only the World had stopped...

As a precaution, download a linux boot iso so that you can reset password on any account in the future.

It may not be effective solving this problem, but there are situations, especially with kids, when you'll need this.

Moderator:confused:?Didnt know i was a moderator.

Okay, it was my attempt at humor. I meant to say that it is very difficult to maintain control of the threads around here... particularly one's own. (See that? It is happening before your very eyes.)

I'm a PC although I was rooting for Woz on Dancing with the Stars.

I blame the kids, Jambo. If they're little enough, it was an accident. If they're teenagers, change all your passwords. If you trust them, it must be your spouse :)

I'm a PC although I was rooting for Woz on Dancing with the Stars.

I blame the kids, Jambo. If they're little enough, it was an accident. If they're teenagers, change all your passwords. If you trust them, it must be your spouse :)
The kids have never tried to tamper with my administrative site as its just full of stuff for old people;) so they never go there.

Back
Top Bottom