What Ever Happened To...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
BIG HUGH BABY!:LOL:

I recall listening to BHB in the 60's when he was a nighttime DJ on WLAC in Nashville. His show was blasted all over the USA at the time. His big saying was something like this~ "From the KA's at Vanderbilt to the Tri Delts at Florida State, here's a 55 gallon drum of White Rose petroleum jelly". (White Rose was the show's sponsor I believe) I used to think that that was really funny....

Born in Nashville, Hugh started his career in the music business singing with several local gospel groups prior to joining the world famous Jordanaires.

While with the Jordanaires, in early 1954, Hugh and the group were approached by Colonel Tom Parker to sing back-up for the up and coming star, Elvis Presley. The first records on which the Jordanaires sang back-up vocals were "Hound Dog" and "Don't Be Cruel." Two of the largest selling records in recording history up to that time.

When the group wasn't on tour with Elvis, they were busy 'round the clock singing in studios in Nashville and Los Angeles with such luminaries as Patsy Cline, Ricky Nelson, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Jerry Lee Lewis and literally thousands of other young and aspiring artists.
BluePower.Com: BluePower Presents....What Ever Happened To Big Hugh Baby?

Back
Top Bottom