Made the break today. Have Pension .

capt bill

Confused about dryer sheets
In this day you get scared that my state pension will stay available for the next hopefully 50 years. I am 53 and decided that it was time to leave. I have a pension that pays me 33,000 dollars a year with good medical for both of us. I have a small co pay for dental insurance. So my only worry is will the state stay solvent. Have a paid in full house, new so hopefully the systems will be ok for at least two years. Maybe more.

Congrats Capt Bill! Tell us more about your plans, goals etc when you have the time. This retirement gig can keep ya kinda busy!

Hurray! A fellow Arizonan. You will be fine. When does your retirement start?

Greetings from East Mesa!
Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you are in good shape with your AZ State pension, don't worry; i am still working and they will raise my taxes to pay for it if the state doesn't solve the current budget crisis!

Captain - Congratulations! I am 49 and still w*rking toward the milestone that you just reached. Freedom!
Best of luck. Enjoy!

>>
In this day you get scared that my state pension will stay available for the next hopefully 50 years. I am 53

Congratulations! I love that you're going for a century-plus...good genes, an optimist, or both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Captain

Congratulations Captain! You are beating me by 10 workdays! June is a perfect time to retire. :dance:

Congrat from the far east, catp bill. From calculations I have seen here, 33K pension is roughly equivalent to a 25*33=825K$ nest egg, assuming it comes with COLA. Plus a fully paid house - not bad, great achievement!

Back
Top Bottom