The Numbers Are In...

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Pretty interesting survey on geezerdom activities. Sex must be included in "other activities" but could be "Personal Care activities". :cool:
The typical employed person spends 7.6 hours at work each day. When you finally make your exit from the workforce those extra hours can be filled however you wish. Most retirees spend their newfound freedom lingering slightly longer than the total population over food, sleep, and household chores. Americans age 65 to 74 only spend about 2 extra hours per day on leisure activates than the population as a whole, according to the Department of Labor’s American Time Use Survey. Seniors spend most of their additional 2 hours of leisure time watching TV, socializing, and reading. Here’s what the typical retiree’s day looks like compared to the rest of us.

what-do-retirees-do-all-day.html: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

I'd definitely clean my house more.. and better when I retire.

I am pretty much exhausted by Friday. I stay up late Friday night (TGFI mood). I don't go out much for fun on weekends because I need to do the chores. I do laundry, grocery shopping, cooking tons of food and house cleaning on weekends and try to relax some. I end up not doing any of them very good, and the week starts up again.

Retirees have no excuses for continuing to put off household chores.

Pick me...pick me! :clap::clap: I've got more excuses than you can shake a stick at!

Read it - but I missed the part about surfing the net, hanging out on Early Retirement Forums and spreading the word : psssst - Wellesley.

Maybe I sould get a spray can and do some graffiti?

:D :LOL: :whistle:.

heh heh heh - watching the grass grow can be as much fun as yard work/gardening. :cool:.

Pretty interesting survey on geezerdom activities.
....according to the Department of Labor’s American Time Use Survey....
I'm not too sure that their survey can be very accurate. I mean, really, how many retirees actually have time to take surveys?? Most are probably waaaay too busy for trivial things like that! I know I am!!! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom