Fake E-R website huxter

nphx

Recycles dryer sheets
Dang, im in the biz and i fell for it. On a new pc i opened a similarly named website (I dont suggest you visit it - but it ends in .com instead of .org) and tried to use my password. Dang dang. it's not the real website but looks like it. I bet they steal usernames/passwords and spew spam on your behalf.

password here changed.

I see its owned by a member here CybrMike

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Some major spam posted on that site, too. Last posts were on 7/31.

Wonder who Michael Slate is.

Geez guys I don't steal passwords or send spam. Its just a site that I put up a vbforum on. I don't get on there much to purge the spam so it is a bit spammy. I try to purge it every couple months.

Wow, that is creepy. Don't the domain name registrars have an arbitration process or something to contest people ripping off your identity with look alike sites?

Wow, that is creepy. Don't the domain name registrars have an arbitration process or something to contest people ripping off your identity with look alike sites?
I think you've just answered your own question...

Well I don't want to get into a pissing contest but I setup that site as a competing site to this one a few years ago and then didn't pay much attention to it after that.

Andy offered to buy it for less than I paid a few times and I declined. Since this post we have worked out a deal and it should now forward to the appropriate place to avoid confusion.

Thanks for working with us Mike. The domain will forward to us here on the .org within 24 hours.

FYI, I just went to early-retirement.com and ended up back here, so the forwarding works already.

Michael - my thanks for actions and apologies for the "freak out". Rarely do things work out to this type of conclusion. Thanks!

Now - how do we petition to get bbam avatar back and bestwifeerver's too? (and make sure want2retire keeps hers :) )

Back
Top Bottom