In memory of Patrick Swayze

I loved him in Dirty Dancing, actually I loved the movie and everyone in it.

Sad that he died so young, I was hoping that he would beat the disease as that is what killed my dad at 58 and it was not an easy one to fight.

Crap...........I hate that he was not able to beat it back longer. He had a small horse ranch close to my home town a few years ago. Not sure if he still had it. I watched a few shows he made last year for A & E. Amazing he could do it with that disease. Didn't use pain killers either when taping the show.

RIP.

Oh man, that movie made me fall in love with Jennifer Grey, pre-nose job. I've always liked a real nose on a woman. :)

"Baby, Oh-oh Babee, my sweet Babee, You're the One." But the girls that really stole my heart were the Jersey townies in the dance scenes.

Patrick was also pretty good with a cameo in Dirty Dancing, Havana Nights.

Ha

I didn't care for Dirty Dancing or Road House, but I love Point Break, and his role as Bodi.

I loved Dirty Dancing . I've probably watched it a least a hundred times . It's sad he was still young !

My favorite bit was his Saturday Night Live Chippendale dance-off competition with Chris Farley.

RIP to both of them! How sad.

345,http:%2F%2Fus.ent3.yimg.com%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fimages%2Fhv%2Fphoto%2Ftv_pix%2Fnbc%2Fsaturday_night_live_episode_photos%2F_group_photos%2Fchris_farley8.jpg

gal_patrick-swayze-2.jpg

I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer in 1995. She was 63. I remember how upset she had been when Michael Landon passed away from same a few years earlier.

Audrey

For those of you who lost family members to cancer, it must be so hard to relive it when a celebrity dies of the same thing. I am so sorry.

Dirty Dancing was at one time my mom's favorite movie. I must have watched it 50 times with her as a kid. She even dragged me (omg, I can't believe I am admitting to this repressed traumatic memory) to Arthur Murray for dance lessons. We were both really bad is all I can remember.

I loved that he focused on his family and animals during his final months. Good hearted man, from all I've heard. And yes, that Chippendales skit was awesome!

That bit on SNL with Farley and Swayze still makes me laugh hysterically after all these years. One of the best things they ever did I think and totally brilliant comedy.
Yeah, pancreatic cancer seems to get everyone in the end. Aunt died of it and have friend now with it. Sad.

I thought he was really good in "The Beast". There was one episode when he went undercover and had an extremely emotional scene that was as good of an acting job as any I've ever seen.

Runningbum, thanks for reminding me about Point Break as that was a fabulous movie also. It was one of those where you almost were rooting for the bad guys to be able to get away with it.

The bad thing with pancreatic cancer is it is normally diagnosed so late that it is almost impossible to beat it. I just wish something could be invented where we could plug ourselves into a machine on a monthly basis to have our blood quickly analysed for the presence of cancer. If they got it early enough most of those who now die would likely live.

As a pancreatic cancer survivor (two and a half years) I am saddened by the death of Patrick Swayze. I believe he fought the beast to the end. I e-mailed words of encouragement to him when he was first diagnosed but do not know if he ever read them.

RIP Patrick

Point Break had that great point-of-view chase scene on foot through backyards and houses, and at one point, Bodi throws a pit-bull in Johnny Utah's face, pretty exciting. Some of the surf stuff was realistic, some pretty far fetched. I've know a few guys like roach, but Bodi was a bit too far out there. Utah as the kook... way too many dudes like that! Aggro drug dealers... lots of that in the past around HB (minus the assault weapons, I think). And then they'd be in the South Bay, but then be paddling out into island surf. I guess it looked better than the usual 1-2' slop that would have been real. The actual surfer double that had to take the deadly wipe-out supposedly at Bell's at the end was forced to eat it at Waimea numerous times to get the shot. Poor guy!

My favorite was probably Dirty Dancing because "nobody puts Baby in the corner." And even better, his dancing with his real-life wife Lisa was so cool.

I always thought the scene in Ghost where Whoopie is channeling Swayze's character and his widow Demi Moore connects with him was very very creepy.

He married when he was 19 & she was 15. She was a pilot who flew him to his treatments.

Just like these posts, one of our local TV stations listed all the movies and conducted a poll as to everyones favorite which was Dirty Dancing by a 10% margin over Ghost. To be honest, my all time favorite role for him was in the TV mini series called North and South. Anybody remember that?

Wow, that is a very well-written article from the LA Times, Dangermouse. Really wonderful and it surely sounds like he was a fine man. Very sad.

I never saw the Outsiders, but I will see if I can get it from the library--I of course loved the book, and just re-read it earlier this year. S.E. Hinton did a wonderful job bringing those kids to life in the book; I hope the film does it justice.

Such a sweet love story with he and his wife, too--and I loved that picture of him from earlier this year sitting with his wife and dogs. Gotta love a man that loves animals that much.

Just like these posts, one of our local TV stations listed all the movies and conducted a poll as to everyones favorite which was Dirty Dancing by a 10% margin over Ghost. To be honest, my all time favorite role for him was in the TV mini series called North and South. Anybody remember that?
I do. Great mini series!

Back
Top Bottom