No more "sexile"

You'd think these kids could just work it out on their own. Sign of the times and helicopter parents when the kids don't know how to handle basic roommate issues.

Back in the Dark Ages(the early 70's) I woke up once with my then roommate in bed with her boyfriend. I think they must have come in very late and drunk and collapsed on the bed in their clothes. I got up and sneaked out until I was reasonably certain they were gone. The kids today have it much better than we did as most colleges have tiny private bedrooms where you share a bath and small living space/kitcheonette with a couple of other people, "suites" I guess you would call them.

Back when I went to college I had to sleep in a box while my roommate had sex with four Yorkshire men.

;)

Channelling James Michener, I predict that this will become the 2009 favorite thread topic. End of comment. Carry on.

Attachments

• TheFortuneTeller.gif
    TheFortuneTeller.gif
    112.3 KB · Views: 0
What if you're doing your roommate? The logistics boggles the mind...

We had bunkbeds. I can remember some really interesting drunken nights. Talk about syncopation.

Ha

Back in the Dark Ages(the early 70's) I woke up once with my then roommate in bed with her boyfriend. I think they must have come in very late and drunk and collapsed on the bed in their clothes. I got up and sneaked out until I was reasonably certain they were gone. The kids today have it much better than we did as most colleges have tiny private bedrooms where you share a bath and small living space/kitcheonette with a couple of other people, "suites" I guess you would call them.

I lived off campus. 'Nuff said. :D:D:D

I'm pretty sure no sex occurred in my dorm room, regardless of who was there. No beer drinking either.

Channelling James Michener, I predict that this will become the 2009 favorite thread topic. End of comment. Carry on.

Really? Why? Just because a topic combines the words sex and something else that rhymes with erectile dysfunction doesn't guarantee a popular thread.

You'd think these kids could just work it out on their own. Sign of the times and helicopter parents when the kids don't know how to handle basic roommate issues.

.... thought you said you didn't have kids:confused:?? SO MOST MIGHT THINK YOUR OPINION IS INVALID... I STILL THINK YOU ARE RIGHT AND YES... i have kids....

Alas....

I seem to remember more sex going on without anyone else there:nonono:

I remember one woman I knew who lived with three other women in a room. One of them was quite witty, when the lights went out she sometiems said "OK girls, have at it".

ha

What ever happened to a washcloth on the door knob? Geesh - who'ld a thunk we'ld have to fill in education voids like this one? I guess this wasn't covered by sesame street.....

Heyduke, you definitely don't have to have kids to witness helocopter parenting--just have a sister who teaches college! :D

And yeah, the washcloth, note, door hanger stolen from a hotel...whatever...that was the clue, Janet.

When I was a freshman (1966), no women could be in male dorms or the dorm wings of "coed" dorms, let alone in the rooms. Men could stay out all night but women had a curfew (I think it was 11:30 weeknights, 1:00 AM weekends. The front door of a woman's dorm was a make-out fest at closing time. The big objective was to get a girl to "sign out" for the night. Of course, you better have some place to take her since your dorm room was off limits. By junior year all of that stuff was history.

Sparked a memory...I lived 1 year on campus in an all girls dorm, in a quad - 2 girls to each room with open space in between. One of the girls in the other room had a boyfriend who would come up on weekends and she told us she was going to sneak him in. We all objected. She went ahead with her plan anyway.
Her roommate was subjected to them getting it on in the same room. :nonono: We could also hear them in our room. It was pretty gross.
So we other 3 made a rule that since the middle room was open, they had to use that with the RA room right across the hall, or we'd tell the RA what she was doing. They did the right thing and stayed off campus in a motel.
Peace was restored...:LOL:

To aid in enforcement, the university is issuing tasers to all students.

Men could stay out all night but women had a curfew (I think it was 11:30 weeknights, 1:00 AM weekends.
The first thing that comes to mind, at least after the obvious thoughts on double standards and gender discrimination, is: Why would men want to stay out past a time when there could be no women around? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom