Anybody try Yoga Toes?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Has anyone tried Yoga Toes? You put this plastic over your toes and it is supposed to help you realign your foot bones from what I gather. Since I've broken toes and bones in both feet I'm really thinking of trying them.
I don't think there is a Podiatrist on this board...is there?

http://www.yogapro.com/ts/toestretcher.html

I am skeptical but I do remember how surprisingly beneficial my first pair of Birkenstocks were.

I actually do know someone who used these, OF--someone who was on her feet all day as a hair stylist. She didn't really say the effect they had, just that she had used them. They're worth trying, I would say!

I think they look very uncomfortable - like those things they put between your toes to spread them when they polish after a pedicure...ewww! Love the soaks, massages, and buffing, but having my poor little toes spread wide - nope no thank you!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing--those little spongy things for toenail painting irritate me, so I think these would too.
OF, maybe you could try the foam ones first--from the drugstore or wherever, before ordering these fancy ones?

Something about the package design is a little suggestive?? Please tell me it's not just me... :)

product_indulgence_in_a_bottle_ruby_red.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing--those little spongy things for toenail painting irritate me, so I think these would too.
OF, maybe you could try the foam ones first--from the drugstore or wherever, before ordering these fancy ones?

A cheaper method is just to roll up a Kleenex (or less expensive brand) and weave it between the toes.

I wasn't interested at all until I read somewhere that they actually will put the bones back in place, and, since I have trouble sometimes with some bones moving around (like I said, I've broken bones in both feet now), it made sense to me. My question really is: does it really work?
However, I like the idea of rolling up Kleenex and weave between the toes to try first. It costs $25+ for the Yoga Toes, and they say that the off-brands aren't so hot when I read some reviews.
Fuego, that's hysterical...and you would think the company would catch that. No, it isn't just you.

Fuego, that's hysterical...and you would think the company would catch that. No, it isn't just you.

Now that I look at it closer with the clarity of morning, it looks like a baby crowning. Maybe this product is for obstetricians. They do stay on their feet for long periods.

OK, I broke down and got the Yoga Toes for $25 (half price) from their website. THEY WORK! I have worn them for 15 minutes the first day and now 20 minutes the 4th day, and I can already tell a difference in the ability to stretch my toes apart and the comfort in my feet when I stand.
Let me preface this by saying that I broke my right foot and broke my little toe on the left foot some years ago, so I have had alot of pain from these accidents.
What the Yoga Toes do is to stretch the toes out which pulls the muscles on the underneath pad for one (which is behind the toes) and your foot feels wider and flatter--instead of scrunched together. I feel like my feet are standing more sound and solid now than before. I'm sure, too, that these Yoga Toes are pulling more muscles and bones than I am able to explain.
However, I haven't had the bones in my right foot ache for the last couple days, which happened all the time from breaking it 6 years ago. Yoga Toes from the reviews I read are supposed to knock all the bones back into place, and I am sure mine were out on the right foot, but never saw a Podiatrist like I should have at the time...or ever.
The instructions say if they hurt they are working and not to be alarmed--and they do hurt me on the left foot as I broke my little toe, taped it to the next toe for a week to heal, and it is so tight now that it is stretching those muscles now very painfully...to the point that the entire left side of my left foot still goes numb when I put on the Yoga Toes but it's getting better each day. The instructions also warn not to wear them too much until your foot is ready, to start with 10-15 minutes and go slowly, which I'm doing.
I'm taking a guess here that these Yoga Toes would help women with their pointed toe shoes and the aches they cause.
However, I don't wear pointed shoes during this period of my life and am usually in Uggs or tennies, but my feet already feel better after 4 days! They work for me is the bottom line. Just thought I would give this report to anyone interested, since I have problems with both feet being broken in the past and got tired of the pain.

sheesh HFWR - didn't you read Fuego's #7?

Glad to hear they are working for you Orchidflower - that's what counts.

Thanks...I know it seems stupid to write so much about your feet, but the pain was no joke...and maybe someone else looking at this board sometime in the future will have a similar problem. I think or hope we are all here to help each other make our lives better if possible.

OK, I broke down and got the Yoga Toes for $25 (half price) from their website. THEY WORK!

Good for you Orchid! I also ordered them, but they haven't arrived yet. I have been having pain called metatarsalgia when I walk a lot. I tried a podiatrist, and the one I saw didn't really help. I have gotten some benefit from building up the arch support in my Birks, and maybe these YogToes will do the rest.

Ha

Good for you Orchid! I also ordered them, but they haven't arrived yet. I have been having pain called metatarsalgia when I walk a lot. I tried a podiatrist, and the one I saw didn't really help. I have gotten some benefit from building up the arch support in my Birks, and maybe these YogToes will do the rest.

Ha

I had that same problem when I was working and on my feet all the time . The thing that helped me the most was high arch shoes with a small heel preferably clogs . You can get the enclosed clogs since you go for that Birks look .

Attachments

• 44681-p-DETAILED.jpg
    44681-p-DETAILED.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 86
Consider Vibram's "Five Fingers" "shoes" instead. The foot coverings are minimalist shoes that protect the feet from insults but allow replication of barefoot walking and running. Read McDougall's Born to Run for a nice discussion of the ramifications of "overbuilt " running shoes versus running barefoot. If you have not read some of the studies of this issue your quips might miss the mark.

Hey, thank you so much for setting us straight.

Ha

Ha Ha, are you straightforward or sarcastic? (It's hard to tell). It is important to me. Thank you.

Windsurf, I have heard really good things about the Vibram "shoes". I would very much like to try them out for myself, as a podcast I listen to regularly did a great review of them (the Indie Travel podcast).

Thanks for the reminder about them and the benefits of going barefoot. I still remember the first weeks of hot weather when we'd toughen up our feet as kids on the hot sand in front of our (my oh-so-privileged childhood*) beachfront elementary school. We wouldn't wear shoes again until school started back in the fall and then only sandals until it was too cold!

*def sarcasm, but self-directed ;)

Windsurf: Well, I'm checking out those shoes, so thanks!
I agree with Sarah's opinion about Haha. He definitely is not (normally--except in unusual circumstances) sarcastic or nasty towards others.

WHAT THE YOGATOES HAVE DONE FOR ME AFTER A WEEK+:

They slowly spread your toes--as well as the pad underneath the toes, which started spreading first allowing your feet to have more platform when you stand--but it helps alot when standing or walking.
Also, the intense pain on my little toe that would actually numb the left side of my foot when I first used the Yoga Toes has slowly died down. And I am actually getting more toe spread from that left foot with the broken toes.
These things are working for me more each day. I'm a believer at this point, so hope they work for Haha, too.

Also, the intense pain on my little toe that would actually numb the left side of my foot when I first used the Yoga Toes has slowly died down. And I am actually getting more toe spread from that left foot with the broken toes.
These things are working for me more each day. I'm a believer at this point, so hope they work for Haha, too.

Orchidflower, has your little toe changed direction? My little toes point -in- toward the next toe and I have a little bump, like a bunion on my little toes. I'm wondering if the Yoga Toes would correct that. The rest of my toes are pretty straight and spaced well.

Happy2beretired: I don't have them, but the YT are supposed to correct bunions and hammertoes over time.
My toe has not changed direction, because, when I broke it, I taped it to the next toe and that puppy healed bone straight and inflexible. But, if I had a toe that bent toward the next toe, I would think the YT would work better than anything else. That's just my opinion from the results I've had.
One thing I did do before I purchased them is check all the reviews. Amazon.com is a good source to start with and YT website has reviews, too. There are quite a few of them, so you should be able to find others with a similar problem as yours.

Back
Top Bottom