GoFit Wobble Board to build your core body?

I had something like that 2 years ago. Mine was plastic with half a hard rubber ball on the bottom of it. It will get you to use your core but I don’t know about building it. It was also a hit with my kid for a few months also.

I've had a wobble "board" for years, but not that type. Actually, mine is a circular wooden platform with a half-sphere in the center. The wobble board mostly works left and right, so to speak, while the round type works 360 degrees. It is hard to stand on it while keeping the platform from touching the ground, but that's the whole idea.

I have read that regular use of these things in nursing homes (with appropriate patients and safeguards) reduces the hip fracture rate noticeably.

I'm water jogging with 5 lb. weights on already (2-1/2 each leg) and really enjoy it. I can go up to 1-1/2 hr. no problem (haven't tried going more yet), but I thought this wobble board looked like fun while you build hip muscles. If it isn't enjoyable I won't do it, so am looking for "fun" things to do while working out now. And open to any suggestions...

If your looking for something fun/different then yes it’s worth getting.

I tried these while resting between exercises during my two stints of physical therapy rehab. My problem was in my shoulder and I have exceptional balance but still, it was quite difficult. Seemed to me that it worked the major muscles of the leg as much as the core. I saw it being used with people who were learning how to walk again.

My first career was in marketing, so I'm very suspicious of ad claims. I'd look up this device on web sites that sell it to physical therapists. That's where you'll find out what it's good for.

Wobble boards are used regularly to help weak ankles.....hips? Not sure there. Are they fun? I use one in my PE class to help the kids with bad ankles......they can be interesting for a few classes but then it is just another exercise device and then they don't like using it....too much like work. I am more of a believer in doing general fitness activities that don't require devices. Keep it simple. Even though I have run, biked etc for ages.....still don't always want to do it. But I don't always like eating right either..... don't rely on gimmicks to keep you going.

I use those in the gym occasionally. They are good for the ankles and some of the smaller muscle groups. They don't do much for my core - there are plenty of much better exercises for the abs.

Hint: not a good idea after a few beers :whistle:

Haven't purchased it yet, but good for the ankles? I could use that. My entire father's family have weak ankles and none of us could ever learn to ice skate because of it. Sounds like it might be for me.:)

I have a Bosu ball. It's sitting next to me right now and looks a little lonely. I bought it last year and did use it for a short time. Mine says that it's not to be used upside down like illustrated with waltwill8's video - but, it looks like everyone uses it that way. I can only use it with the ball side UP. That's challenging enough for me. Have you ever watched The Biggest Loser - they do some crazy things with Bosu balls.

No I haven't. In fact, I'm going to have to look up Bosu balls, which I will. Thanks for the heads up, happy2beretired!

Thanks for letting me know. Hadn't even heard of that ball until I read this thread, but did watch their video on their site already. I'll check it out in Target this weekend if I can get there. Cool..

Right.

http://www.early-retirement.org/for...side-a-53-year-old-body-31158.html#post584778

They are fun, but after a while I stopped using mine. Do you still use yours much, Dave?

Yep, still luv doing things that require above average balance and coordination. I'll jump spin and board spin along with a few other tricks on the indo. Occasional unicycle and ole windsurf tricks like the avatar. Seems like most people seem to get more spastic and uncoordinated as they age (understandable) but I fight it as much my body will allow

Back
Top Bottom