2 Different Spending Models but Same Result...What Up?

pinot

Dryer sheet wannabe
I am toying with our friend FireCalc & thinking I must be doing something wrong.

I am comparing a 100,000 constant annual spending rate with a manual spending rate (100,000 for 2 years, 130,000 for next 6 years, then returning to 100,000). Both methods (no other entry changes) are indicating the exact same success rate (80.2%) & average remaining portfolio.

Any thoughts on what would prevent these from yielding different results?

I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was using a retirement date in the future & thought that the manual spending entries coincided with the first retirement year. Actually, it looks like they start with the current year - not the first year of retirement.

Glad you figured it out - and sorry for not responding to your initial question but I had no clue what the problem might have been.

Or the answer could have been that the spending did not cause any more 'failures'... hence the same percent...

Or the answer could have been that the spending did not cause any more 'failures'... hence the same percent...

That much of a spending change would have to move the percentage at least a bit.

Just an irrelevant question to the OP. Were you thinking of pinot noir or pinot blanc when choosing your screen name? :)

Just an irrelevant question to the OP. Were you thinking of pinot noir or pinot blanc when choosing your screen name? :)

Noir...:D

I buy quite a bit from a store in Oregon & have it shipped in. Very tough to find good Pinot Noir for a decent price, but Oregon has some good values.

Pinot wrote:
Noir...:D

I buy quite a bit from a store in Oregon & have it shipped in. Very tough to find good Pinot Noir for a decent price, but Oregon has some good values.

I agree... what store?

...also looking for information on finding good Pinot Noir for a decent price...will drink Alice White for $6.50/bottle on sale at local grocery; but, it is really more of a second bottle kind of wine.

Back
Top Bottom