Getting on Board: No more auto Name/ID No?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
When you first sign-in to get on this Board my name and i.d. number used to automatically sign-in so soon as I started to write Orchidflower. In fact, I would get to the Orch..and it would automatically sign me in with my name and total i.d. number. Now this no longer works and am doing it manually each sign-in. What happened to the system:confused:? (Not that it's a big deal but just wondering as somethings changed.)

sounds like something changed with your internet browser.

Did you upgrade or change any of the settings?

Orchid, I think jwkde is correct. Remembering used ID's and passwords as you describe is something the browser does for you, not something E-R.org would manage.

Thanks. I'm pretty computer clueless...but had to check if it was you or me. It was me I see.

You probably erased your cookies.

Hmm, that sounds vaguely weird, but true. That's often where much data is stored between signons.

Moral: don't toss your cookies between log-ins.

You probably erased your cookies.

Hmm, that sounds vaguely weird, but true. That's often where much data is stored between signons.

Moral: don't toss your cookies between log-ins.
Or, if you do (toss your cookies), drink plenty of fluids, take aspirin for headache, call Rich in the morning. :ROFLMAO:

--Rita

This is not cookies, but saved form data. Can be forgotten for various reasons. Options in the browser control this. Some sites do what they can to prevent the browser from doing this. But E-R is not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom