Mammogram tip for the ladies!

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
Gotta share this personal tip from my mammogram technician...tell your technician to use the hand crank for the last bit of compression...not the foot pedal...they won't overdo it that way! Hopefully this isn't TMI, but I had to share since this was the first mammo I've had that was COMPLETELY pain free!

Oh, and if you are due for your mammo - go get it!

Just had another one together with an ultrasound recently myself. Didn't know there was a hand crank. All I do know is it sure hurts when they do the final squeeze.

I have to have these damn things regularly due to cysts, think this year probably was about number 11 as I have had 5 previous breast cancer scares.

She showed me. There is a foot pedal on the floor. She uses that until the last part. Then she switches to turning this little knob with her hand for the final adjustment. That way she is much less likely to overdo the compression. It allows her to have better control. Makes perfect sense.

Good advice.

I confess I thought this was going to be an April Fool thread :) .

LOL, why do I always miss the opportunity to pull a good joke on others? I'm just not sneaky enough!

Back
Top Bottom