Ride to Annapolis

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW, some friends and I took a nice 40 mile bike ride along the Baltimore and Annapolis Rail Trail yesterday. We started adjacent to a BWI runway and then continued on streets at the Annapolis end, crossing the Severn Bridge and passing by Nords' old stomping grounds at the Naval Academy into Old Town Annapolis for lunch. After lunch we encountered the finish of the Wounded Warriors Project 2010 ride which left the White House on Wednesday and finished at the Annapolis waterfront yesterday. These are some impressive riders. I forgot a camera but found a shot online:

Attachments

• ww.JPG
    ww.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 3
Good weather now, not too much humidity? Seems like a lot of nice trails in that area.

... and passing by Nords' old stomping grounds at the Naval Academy into Old Town Annapolis for lunch.
What little I ever learned about Annapolis geography is forgotten by now. The irony is that most my my "stomping" was done in the bowels of the Nimitz Library or the chemistry labs, and the rest of it trying to get [-]off restriction[/-] as far away as possible from the place...

We were in Annapolis last Saturday with a couple of European Volcano refugees. They had been to lots of the USA but said they had never seen such a nice little town.
Looked at lots of old buildings and the small but lovely maritime museum.

I love Annapolis. We'd love the retire there, but a little too costly.

Midpack,

Would you be willing to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to get to Annapolis? Have you looked at Kent Island? I visited a friend in Grasonville yesterday. Not too far from Annapolis; many nice homes for sale, for greatly reduced prices. I liked it a lot.

Amethyst

P.S. Nice photo, Donheff! (There, I'm back on topic).

A.

Back
Top Bottom