I can tell you when it's going to rain now...yippee?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Last night I went to an auction where it was gawdawful humid even with some fans going, and I found my right hip/calf in my leg aching so badly that I started squirming after a couple hours there. It's kinda a constant thing when I sit in humidity now I find--any other weather I can take except humidity or when it's going to rain. Yes, folks, I have now officially entered old age where I can really tell the weather by my aches and pains...OMG, I AM old now!:blush:

I figure it was cause I was thrown over a car (as in completely over a car like a swan dive) in my early 20's and that's where the arthritis landed as it always hurts in the exact same place--my right side where I landed!
Ironically, the wrist I broke never gets shooting pains or aches anymore at all, but did the first 7 years or so after the accident.

So, I guess this is what it means when old folks get aches and pains when it's going to rain? Swell, another reminder that time is not on my side.:whistle:
Anyone else here have something similar? Can you tell when it's going to rain now, too? Dang, some of us really have hit geezerhood....:D

The bass tell me when it's going to rain. They start bitin´!

I can tell when it's going to rain as well. I use radar.weather.gov though.

I have had several broken bones and related surgeries. I have metal bits, grafts, plastic, and bionic materials inside me. I make grinding and creaky noises whenever I move. None of them seem to indicate any changes in the weather. Some things hurt rain or shine.

I fell down my grandparents basement stairs before the age of ten, and broke my collarbone.

Today (in my 60's) over a half-century later, I can forecast rain/snow better than AccuWeather :LOL: ...

The difference? I don't get paid for a correct forecast...

It rains a lot here. We got 10" of rain, off and on during June. I can't tell if it is going to rain, but my sinuses tell me when the barometric pressure drops so I guess that's related.

Aches and pains increasing? Nope - - the weather doesn't affect me that way. I love rainy days. But, I have never broken any bones except my toes, and they never ache.

I have some arthritis in one hip, also from trauma, but weather doesn't seem to affect it.

Ha

I used to have a forecasting humerus, which broke into three pieces after crashing with a hang-glider, that predicted the weather for about eight years.

For the last twenty or so it has been mute. Now rely on the weather radar.

Last night I went to an auction where it was gawdawful humid even with some fans going, and I found my right hip/calf in my leg aching so badly that I started squirming after a couple hours there. It's kinda a constant thing when I sit in humidity now I find--any other weather I can take except humidity or when it's going to rain. Yes, folks, I have now officially entered old age where I can really tell the weather by my aches and pains...OMG, I AM old now!:blush:

I figure it was cause I was thrown over a car (as in completely over a car like a swan dive) in my early 20's and that's where the arthritis landed as it always hurts in the exact same place--my right side where I landed!
Ironically, the wrist I broke never gets shooting pains or aches anymore at all, but did the first 7 years or so after the accident.

So, I guess this is what it means when old folks get aches and pains when it's going to rain? Swell, another reminder that time is not on my side.:whistle:
Anyone else here have something similar? Can you tell when it's going to rain now, too? Dang, some of us really have hit geezerhood....:D
Hi Orchidflower. I feel your pain. Really. It's not the age, it's the abuse. I too can tell when it's going to rain or storm. Swan dives over cars - now that's a story.

Funny - the first Rheumatologist I saw (Yale Hospital) insisted that there was no such effect and it was all in my mind. My response was - it was not in my mind but was in most of the rest of me, especially the knees.

Such is life. Stretching helps. So does Florida. Glass or two of wine doesn't hurt, either.

I don't have any body parts that can predict the weather; however, when I walk in a room coming from the outdoors, I do have a couple of areas on my body that will let people know that it's cold outside.

:D

Don't we all? :whistle:

However, these are usually not visible. :angel:

I don't have any body parts that can predict the weather; however, when I walk in a room coming from the outdoors, I do have a couple of areas on my body that will let people know that it's cold outside.

:D

You can tell by the rising barometer? :whistle:

After five right shoulder surgeries including three total shoulder replacements I know a day ahead of time when the barometer is dropping and stormy weather is headed our way.

The old aching shoulder is a pretty reliable indicator. Please pass the pain relievers. The aching is much worse in cold rainy weather.

I used to wonder why so many of my senior clients were grumpy, now I know. ARTHRITIS

2soon2tell

Back
Top Bottom